Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Maximum volume too low

Solved!

Maximum volume too low

The maximum volume is too low when using the Windows Client. Any solution? Turning the Windows master volume up or the speaker/amp volume is no solution for me. Every other app, web-based, ... is fine regarding the volume. 

When I am in the 1/3 part of the volume slider I can barely hear anything.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The volume normaliser may be causing this issue here. Head over to the preferences menu (Edit > Preferences), scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Set the same volume level for all tracks". You might get an increase in volume for some tracks.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Try opening up your Volume Mixer and move the one for Spotify... I simply clicked on it and before I could move the cursor the volume blasted me and was fixed right away.

Marked as solution

Hey @Mickey,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this in the Community 🙂

We just wanted to suggest a few more troubleshooting steps in addition to the solutions that have been posted here already:

• check if Volume level is set to Loud or Normal on app's Settings
  • log out, restart the device, and then log back in
  • try a clean reinstall following these steps
  • connect to a different network
  • try using a different device

Hope that helps!

30 Replies
Marked as solution

The volume normaliser may be causing this issue here. Head over to the preferences menu (Edit > Preferences), scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Set the same volume level for all tracks". You might get an increase in volume for some tracks.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks! That helped a little. However, I have to find a better solution... Still not good enough 😞

Marked as solution

Try opening up your Volume Mixer and move the one for Spotify... I simply clicked on it and before I could move the cursor the volume blasted me and was fixed right away.

With the volume mixer you can only lower the sound for a specific app. The maximum sound is always the general maximum sound. Or am I missing something?

I found this cool add on for spotify called equalify that adds a equalizer to spotify were you can boost the bass and the highs it also lets you adjust the preamp. It sounds like it would solve your problems.
-link
http://www.equalify.me/
Hope I helped (;

Ummm, didn't say it solved it. Just +1 that I'm having the same issue. Seriously, this can't be that hard to fix!

That equalizer and one other thing:

1.  Right Click the Volume Button
  2.  Click 'Playback Devices'
  3.  Right Click your output
  4.  Click 'Properties'
  5.  Click the 'Advanced' tab
  6.  Set your sound quality to the absolute maximum your computer can handle

Mine is 24-bit, 96khz.

After that, make sure all enhancements are off and set the equalizer, which shows up next to the search bar after you start playing music, to the default preset 'loudness' and enjoy feeling your eardrums melt. Hit the limiter and it will do its best to keep distortion at bay.

I achieved a 60% increase in apparent output doing this, and I wish everyone else luck as well.

-Bit

The volume mixer did the trick for me, I didn't even move the spotify slider, just clicked on it, and volume boosted immediately. There must be some sort of a bug that causes this.

That actually worked

I was going to buy a Jambox or something good, but I didin't need anything that louder... just want to jam out with loud music and clean! I bought "Boom" from the developer's website. Be careful though, I'm sure these speakers "blow out," like they do in most factory vehical sound systems. But, I'm glad I got the app, $4 and I can finally sit farther away from my Macbook Pro when I'm listening to boring lectures and can be multitasking instead. 🙂 

Hello all,

First of all thanks to all who pointed out directions to solve this issue. I found this issue myself after receiving a call in Skype. When a skype call is received, usually all other apps that are using sound have their sound levels lowered (and this is normal). What is not right in here is when the skype call is finished, the sounds levels maintain the same, making Spotify have his sound too low.
In case this also happened to you, just head over to the Audio Mixer and open the audio mixer. Where you can see spotify just do a single click on the volume meter of Spotify and sound should return to normal.
Keep in mind that this is most certainly a Skype bug and not from Spotify.

This windows error happens some times, yes.

But Spotify definitely is more quiet and has a less clear, good sound. When i listen to the same file on Spotify and then on VLC or Youtube, the bass is nearly doubled and the sound gets about 1/3 louder. It has been like this since spotify release and never been improved...

I think the player engine of spotify simply is worse than browser / mp3 players.

This is the actual solution to the problem!

J'ai trouvé le probleme !

Il vient du controleur realtek. Panneau de configuration, son , clique droit sur haut parleur, amélioration, désactiver "Egalisation loudness".

Maintenant j'ai spotify volume max sur le mélangeur.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=433909Sanstitre.png

Solution found ..........................................................Bingo !

Your spotify program is contaminated !!

Just uninstal spotify and reinstals potify or upload spotify again  .....It works perfectly ........you need to uninstal the contaminated spotify

program from from your computer

Because of no live spotify customer service , for all  problems  do the above , it  may work as you start with new bug free program.

Thank you so much!!! THis solved my problem. It frustrated me for a week.

I finally found the exact reason that causes this. This is the exact way to solve this:

http://superuser.com/questions/504004/windows-8-turns-program-sound-volume-down-randomly

I had the same problem and could not find a way to raise the volume within the software interface. Then I felt like an idiot when I just turned up the volume physically on my phone button itself and that fix the problem.

Try Opening Ur Spotify App then Play A Song..Then Press : Ctrl + Arror Up

it fixed me that way...

Suggested posts