Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media Overlay keeps reappearing

Media Overlay keeps reappearing

Me and many other people that I have seen on the Community have been faced with the same bug: the 'Show desktop overlay while using media keys' option on Spotify isn't working correctly. When I open Spotify, the client acts as if the option is checked, but in Preferences it is unchecked. Enabling and disabling the setting turns it off for that session, but upon closing and opening Spotify, the media overlay turns on again.

66 Replies

they don't seem to roll out to all users at the same time.

somehow i tend to get updates earlier, you should get it in the next few days.

after a day of testing i can confirm it's no longer appearing

It's been 6 months, how is this issue still not fixed? 

I had this issue too and noticed I was using the Windows Store version. I uninstalled the Windows Store version and reinstalled through the download on https://www.spotify.com, seems that version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b doesn't have the issue!

1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b has fixed this issue (until it resurfaces again!) If you do not immediately get the new version, you can probably get it by reinstalling via the homepage.

Yes, finally. Now, let's wait how long will it take to break it again 😉

Not long - it's back!  Same old crappy bug, well done Spotify!

Even better is that Windows 10 says it's Photos, rather than showing Spotify and showing any artist or track!

"smh," as I believe the kids today say.

Mine's still fine. Maybe i skipped or not yet received the "fixed" version yet 😉

Suggested posts