Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard Media Keys Not Working..

Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard Media Keys Not Working..

The problem is spotify does not respond to the media keys on the keyboard.. Play/Pause, Stop, Next and Previous

I am running Windows 7 (x64) with: spotify desktop client, Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard, IntelliType Pro 7.1 
Have re-installed drivers multiple times. Have also re-installed spotify multiple times..

Note: Keys do work in WMP.. Would i need to do some Regedit?

14 Replies

Think it's more like windows isn't really recognizing spotify as a media player. Which doesn't allow multimedia keys to automatically map onto the spotify controls.

*Bump*

*Bumping*

Have the same problem.. I disabled media keys a long time ago, when I used iTunes mostly. Now that's changed I can't seem to find an option to enable them again... 😐

Anyone?

I've once had a similar problem - Disabled my media keys (Win Vista)

I had to download the drivers for media keys on the website of my Laptop Producer (in this case Acer) and reinstall them.

After that they worked fine again with Spotify.

So check if you can reinstall the newest drivers for them.

Well, that didn't help. Not using a laptop though.. I really don't understand why they would even remove the option, since it's been there once.. >_<

If you mean Spotify with "they" - I can still use my media keys for Spotify right now, so Spotify changed nothing there.

You just have to find out how you disabled them and do the same thing again.

If you can turn them off there gotta be an option to turn them on again! 😛

Oh, I didn't mean they stopped mediakeys from being used 😛 But a year or more ago there was an option that could enable/disable it ^^ That doesn't seem to be there now though, and that's what's causing my problem 😛

I have sort of the same problems.

My media keys dont work, when i press play, windows media player starts on background. When WMP is running(on background) the media keys work. Although it works I'd rather not be running media player just for this.
I can't find i there is somewhere i can set my defaulty media keys program or something...

Maybe there is a service i can start?

i am findind that play/pause work, even if spotify is not in focus -  but media stop key behaviour is illogical &  strange :the sound mutes but the track "continue" in that I still see the time incrementing ???

If any of you are still having problems, I was recently having the exact same issues as described, but found a solution. Turns out, I had the Google Play Music app installed in Chrome, and that app was taking control of all media key presses. I don't know if this applies to you, but if you happen to have that Chrome App installed, turn it off and your Spotify media keys should start working again. Kudos to this thread, which is how I figured it out:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Media-keys-no-longer-work/m-p/808435/high...

exact same problem here: removed google play music from chrome and bingo, i can control spotify again with the media shortcuts.

thanks for posting!

same here! Thanks!

Thank you so much! Solved my issue. I had to disable the extension in Chrome.

Suggested posts