Mini Player missing and can't skip songs when Spotify is minimized

Mini Player missing and can't skip songs when Spotify is minimized

jillianmadison
Casual Listener

Plan: Premium

Device: PC, Win 10

My Question or Issue

My mini player has been gone for weeks. This allowed me to skip songs with hot keys while Spotify was minimized. There's no option in settings to restore the mini player, and now I can only change songs when Spotify is maximized and that is incredibly annoying.  

I uninstalled Spotify and did a clean re-install. Still no mini player.

4 Replies

Eni

Hi @jillianmadison

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Additionally, could you check if this is happening on another PC or on the web player?

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

jillianmadison
Casual Listener

Hello @Eni, I have a windows 10 64 bit PC that is up to date with all current Windows updates.

I'm using the latest Spotify, version  1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7.

I've done 2 uninstalls/reinstalls of Spotify.

All antivirus programs have been disabled.

The mini player works in the web player but not in the app. 

The mini player used to show up with the app but just recently disappeared.

I don't have another computer to download Spotify on.

Eni

Hi @jillianmadison

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

jillianmadison
Casual Listener
Are you saying this was never an actual feature? Wouldn't you know if this was just in testing?

This wasn't a "temporary" feature, it's been on my Spotify PC App for years. I don't understand why it would be removed from the app and not the web player which is inconvenient to use.

Without the mini player, how does Spotify expect people to use hot keys to control the music when the app is minimized?
SUGGESTED POSTS