Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify has stopped playing on my web browser. I've tried everything from signing in and out, resetting passwords and signing out everywhere and all it has managed to do is update my recently played and play no music. My volume settings are fine, the player just simply doesn't change. 

spotify.png
spotify.png
2 Replies

Hey @Aggo

Looks like the web player has frozen up for some reason. No worries, I'm here to help!

I'd suggest going to your account and hit "Sign Out Everywhere" and then try again.

If that didn't do the trick yet, try out the following methods:

1. Wipe your browser's cookies and cache.

2. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

3. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

4. Open the web player and start clicking on the play button fast. Refresh the page using F5 or Ctrl + R while still clicking fast until the page has reloaded. Then you should be able to play music.

5. Play some music on another Spotify client, such as mobile and then try directing playback over to the web player. The devices must be in same wifi.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Step 5 was the only one that worked for me.  My devices were not on the same wifi but it still worked.

Suggested posts