Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music comes from wrong speaker on desktop

Solved!

Music comes from wrong speaker on desktop

In Windows 10, I use a headset wich my laptop sees as another speaker. Normally my Spotify would would go through my headset when i plugged it in but now it stopped doing that and it keeps going through my laptop's speakers. I can't find anything in the app to change it and can't seem to find it anywhere in Windows either. 

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @jens45621

In the latest update of Windows, they added the ability to configure volume levels and output device per application. So your setting could be wrong. To check them go to 

Start Button -> Settings -> System -> Sound -> Section "Other sound options" -> click on "App volume and device preferences". There in the row with Spotify app change the Output device to your headset and it should fix the issue.

Let me know if that helped.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @jens45621

In the latest update of Windows, they added the ability to configure volume levels and output device per application. So your setting could be wrong. To check them go to 

Start Button -> Settings -> System -> Sound -> Section "Other sound options" -> click on "App volume and device preferences". There in the row with Spotify app change the Output device to your headset and it should fix the issue.

Let me know if that helped.

Hey @jsannn

Thanks a lot for your answer, found it and changed it.

Jens

A bit after the fact of this post, but I'm having the same issue only that the solution just doesn't work anymore, tried everything :,)

Hey @PickleNickle,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you by any chance using any software that could be overriding the OS settings mentioned in the solution to this post?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts