Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music is gone, Can't Listen to not-songs, and all usual solutions aren't working.

Music is gone, Can't Listen to not-songs, and all usual solutions aren't working.

So recently i haven't been able to listen to new music, fine cause i have the 10k limit plently of music. After weeks i decided to get rid of a few albums in favor of something new and of course it didn't work and i've had this problem before and it fixed itself when uninstalling the program, i logged back on and all of my music was gone. Saved, in playlists, all gone. And i still can't listen to new music. I've tried many usual solutions but nothing is working and yes, i am positive i only have one account and that i am logging onto this account.

I'm on windows 10 and I am not a premium member. Please help. 

9 Replies

I'm having the same issue, I've restarted my PC and redownloaded spotify 2 times.

I really need help support hasn't responded yet and its still broken

I am also having the same problem. all my playlists are blank

Hello @jbone44 @gaff_0 @ParkerW!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you for that , reinstalled many times but I knew there were other files that were probbably associating with Spotify.

@coreymz

Glad it worked our, you are welcome 🙂

I'm having the same issues; songs won't play on desktop or Spotify web player, but the spotify app on Android lets me play them and both the app and Spotify web player show the playlists as having all the right songs in them. 

I have deleted and reinstalled Spotify multiple times and restarted my computer too. 

edit: when I attempted the commented fix, it wasn't working but then I realized I opened the file wrong, so I'm editing my comment to reflect that that fix does in fact work

That worked very well for me

That worked very well for me

Suggested posts