Music paused if Bluetooth headset paired with multiple devices

Highlighted

Music paused if Bluetooth headset paired with multiple devices

Casual Listener

Device

iPhone 8 and Windows 10, using Jabra Elite 65T earphones (Bluetooth)

My Question or Issue

Summary: Spotify pauses the music if my Bluetooth earphones are paired with two devices that have the Spotify client running.

Spotify pauses the music if my Bluetooth headset is paired with both my desktop computer and my iPhone, and I'm listening from my iPhone. I've "bypassed" this by closing the client on my computer when listening from the phone, but this is still a rather poor user experience, having to juggle Bluetooth pairings around or making sure I close the client on the computer when walking away from it.

I isolated the cause of the issue after disconnecting or unpairing my headset from the computer, after which the issue disappeared and the music no longer paused. The issue only appears while I'm in range of both devices.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Music paused if Bluetooth headset paired with multiple devices

Casual Listener

A friend of mine also has the same Jabra Elite Active 65T, I have and he has the same issue with the Spotify client pausing when his earphones are connected to two iPhones.

Highlighted

Re: Music paused if Bluetooth headset paired with multiple devices

Visitor

Same issue here.

Inventory : Macbook Pro + iPhoneX + Jabra Elite Active 65t

Scenario: When connecting the earbuds to both of the devices, everything is fine. Music keeps on playing on whatever device you were listening to. The moment you open Spotify client on device 2 and try to do the "handoff" on Spotify client or even the client realizes there are two devices streaming to single earbud, the music pauses and does not resume playing even if you quit the Spotify client on either devices

Hotfix : Disconnect the earbuds from either of the device and hit play on the connected device. It will resume playing.

I hope Spotify fixes this, looks like a Spotify issue since I don't face this with any other app.

SUGGESTED POSTS