Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music played on Spotify keeps crackling

Music played on Spotify keeps crackling

Hi community

My Spotify keeps crackling no matter what i do. I know there have been several similar post previously but non of those solution works - at least not more than half an hour. I have tried:

- Reinstallation

- Roll back the sound driver to the original one

- Disable all sound enhancement

- Turn off Dolby sound

- Change the default format (bit and Hz).

- Several different head phones

- I even bought a new cable because i thought it initailly was the cable connection

It is seriously so annoying to have all music ruined by the constant crackling noises. Other music players and sound sources do not make these crackling noises, so the problem is Spotify. 

Anyone with the same problem and a viable solution?

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark 

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad

Operating System

Windows 10 

2 Replies

Hey @Jakes_C

The crackling sound issue can be very annoying. I had problems too, but mine was caused by impressively high latency peaks and it happened everywhere. Since your issues happen in Spotify only, it's probably not caused by system latency.

I suggest checking the following:

disabling the Communications setting
1. Find the speaker icon on Taskbar again. Right-click on it and select Sounds.
2. In the opened window go to COmmunications and set Windows to do nothing.

Disabling Hardware Acceleration within Spotify (menu dots - View - Hardware acceleration).

Toggling the audio quality within Spotify (down-arrow to the right of username - Settings - try disabling/enabling high quality streaming and volume normalisation)

Checking the antivirus software if it scans internet traffic. Some AV's scan http traffic and that may cause audible problems with streaming.

Using the Windows Store Spotify might work as well. Search for 'Spotify Music' in the Windows Store. If you're using a standalone Spotify client (didn't download from Windows Store), you can uninstall it cleanly by doing this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not sure if you mention whether you're streaming or playing synced tracks? Be interesting to know whether it happens on both?

Suggested posts