Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music playing but not podcasts

Music playing but not podcasts

I am trying to listen to a podcasts on my computer (normally not an issue). However, today, I am unable to listen to any podcasts. I can listen to music fine and I can listen to podcasts when I'm logged out but not when I'm logged into my account. This also isn't a problem when I'm playing things from my phone. I am a premium member and this hasn't been an issue before today so I'm unclear where the problem is. Thank you in advance for any clarity on the matter!
7 Replies

Hey there @ekglenny098,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is happening only with one particular podcast or with any podcast at all?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

same problem over here!

i can play podcast while i'm using spotify from my phone, but doesnt play on computer. it happens with any podcast at all...

my girlfriend have tried to listen podcast at the same computer, on her account and it plays normally,  but when i use my account to make it, doent work... both of us are premium. HELPPP PLSSS 😞

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you using the web player to play the podcasts or the desktop app?

Some podcasts won't be playable on the web player, that's why I'm asking.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

i’m using the web player.

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you send us the URI of the podcasts you're having issues with? Also, we'd like to know if your girlfriend listens to the same podcasts on the web player as well. 

On another note, could you create a test account and check if the same happens using that account too?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

hello, Eni!

actually i'm having issues with any podcast that i try to listen through the web player. so, i'm sending to you, one of the podcast that i most listening to... and yes, my girlfried use to listen to this podcast through the web player too.

i just made a test account and from this new test account the podcast plays normally... it looks like the ploblem its my account 😞

this is the podcast that i made de test

https://open.spotify.com/show/66XCLKbi33MubYTZX2G2jW
[https://i.scdn.co/image/92eba36e147bdfb107f668fecefb646607033f02]<>
| Podcast on Spotify<>
Preview of Spotify. Sign up to get unlimited songs and podcasts with occasional ads. No credit card needed.
open.spotify.com

Hi there @user-removed, 

Thanks for your quick reply and for sending us this info. 

We couldn't replicate this on our end. In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check if everything is ok with your account's cache and help you removing it.

If removing your account's cache doesn't work, we suggest transferring your content from your current account to the new one. You can use the steps in this FAQ. 

If you're paying for a Premium subscription, we suggest cancelling your subscription first and waiting for the account to revert to the free service so you can subscribe from the new one.

In case you're a Premium Family or a Duo member, there's no need to wait, you can ask the administrator of the plan tp send you a new invite link.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts