Premium (Family plan)

Country

Sweden

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763

Spotify Version

1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Issue

Scenario: I am listening to music then I press pause. Without touching the mouse or the computer the music starts playing automatically again after 26 seconds. I have timed it 5 times and occurs every time. I have tried to reinstall the application but to no avail. Strange but very annoying problem. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again,
That is odd. Can you try a simple restart of your device, and then see if that helps. I know it sounds simple but it is often over looked. Also a reinstall of the old version (.exe) version might help.
Jack

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Gripenstedt,

Yes, the problem is fixed, thanks.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey @Gripenstedt thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

Help is here!,

I would first say that you should try downloading the Windows Store version. For some reason this version is a LOT more stable and has very few bugs, if that is the version you are running, try checking for updates. 

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

The problem did first occur in the store version which is why I uninstalled that version and downloaded the "old" desktop version. The same problem appears in that version. 

Marked as solution

Hey again,
That is odd. Can you try a simple restart of your device, and then see if that helps. I know it sounds simple but it is often over looked. Also a reinstall of the old version (.exe) version might help.
Jack

Will try. Thanks.

Glad to hear it worked!

The exact problem is back. Now I am running this version 1.1.5.152.gf0f488f1 (Windows Store version).

Same problem; pauses music and 26 seconds later it starts playing again without me having done anything at all. Strange, isn't it?

Hey @Gripenstedt,

There's a newer version you can install. Make sure to reinstall completely just to be sure.

If that doesn't help, can you try the Web Player and other devices and let us know if the same thing happens?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have that same problem.
I did everything but negative result... 

Problem solved for me: Turned out that the combination of listening using a headset and faulty sound drivers caused the music to start playing automatically. I solved my problem by downgrading soundcard drivers.

Hi, Gripenstedt

I'm trying now, thanks for the information. I'il write the result.

Respects.

Marked as solution

Hi Gripenstedt,

Yes, the problem is fixed, thanks.

How do you do this? I'm running Windows 10 and have the Windows Store Version

Dear Juscollaco

The problem is in the sound card driver of the computer. Please read what Mr. Gripenstedt wrote. (Last post on page 1)

Thanks ErkannakrE. I did see his response. I was asking how to downgrade the sound card drivers. I only see an option to update, disable or uninstall when I go to Device Manager. Is there something else I should be doing?

Dear Juscollaco,

important!!!
  • You are responsible for the following.
  • If you have no idea about the procedures, get service assistance.

1- Download the old version sound card drivers from the computer manufacturer page.

2- From the Device manager section, completely remove the sound card drivers.

3- Uninstall spotify from computer, (search bar + write spotify + right click spotify name + uninstall)

4- Restart computer,

5- Install the old version sound card driver on your computers

6- Restart computer,

7- install spotify from microcift market.

I hope your problem is solved.  
Respects,

Hi Juscollaco,

No need to uninstall Spotify. Just downgrade soundcard drivers according to
the given instruction.

Hope it works out.

/Andreas

Suggested posts