Country

Austria

Device

AcerAspire

Operating System

Windows10

My Question or Issue

Hey there,

I wanted to play some music on my laptop (AcerAspire/Windows10).

First, I tried playing it in the normal Spotify App I downloaded from the WindowsStore. But after a few seconds the music would just stop.

And after reinstalling Spotify on the laptop it still doesn't work.

However, (now it gets interesting), when I createed a new account, Spotify would just work fine.

It seems that my main account seems to be blocked or buggy on the laptop. But I don't understand why it still works in the IOS Spotify App without any problems.

Thank you, for the help,

musicgigo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This helped:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click 'Open as Administrator').

2. Go to File > Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on 'Open'

4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com

5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, remove them.

7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Thank you very much @SpotifyCares on Twitter! 😄

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

This helped:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click 'Open as Administrator').

2. Go to File > Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on 'Open'

4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com

5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, remove them.

7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Thank you very much @SpotifyCares on Twitter! 😄

Suggested posts