Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops after few secpnds

Solved!

Music stops after few secpnds

Hi, I've had spotify for a few yesrs now and never had this issue up until recently...

Songs only play for a few seconds (3-10) until they stop and a message saying "The current song cannot be played" pops up and I cant skip to any part to the song to get it to play.

Songs that I've been playing today have suddenly stopped working.

Ive tried a lot of things such as updating my drivers, uninstalling, removing all devices.

I also havent been a premium member so that shouldn't affect it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I finally found out a solution after hours and hours of troubleshooting, and I just said "f**k it" and deleted ALL of the files in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" (where the host file is) and all of a sudden my Spotify started working.
I'd like to mention that I checked my host file and there was nothing in it, it was wiped clean. However for some reason once I deleted all of the files there the music began to work and play. 

I went through all of the files and every single one of them were at default settings, so I'm genuinely unsure why it wasn't working, however this was my solution, hope it works for some. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I think maybe deleting all the files isn't necessery.

I have opened the 'hosts' file in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" with Notepad and just removed the line with Spotify and saved it. Now it works.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey there @mxjaa, thanks so much for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

-I would suggest restarting your device, if that does not improve it, try a clean reinstall of the app, just follow these steps.

-If you're still having trouble, you can also download the version of Spotify from the Microsoft Store, that version seems to work much more efficiently.

If none of this works, let me know and we can try something else.

Happy Listening,

Jack ๐Ÿ™‚

I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING that this site has to offer as a freaking solution to this issue AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS WORKED! I've restarted my computer, I've uninstalled Spotify and deleted everything having to do with it OVER FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES, I even tried installing the Microsft Store version and not even THAT works! Will someone please give me a freaking solution that works so I can listen to my music?!

I have a same problem, any solution?

I have the same problem on Spotify website. All songs skip playing after 1-2 min. 

Tried it all today, still not working.

Im on windows 8, if thats help

Hey all,

Can you send me a picture of what version your Spotify app is on?

-J

Same thing here. I have three devices (2 Win10, 1 Android) that I use Spotify. On two of those devices, it's OK, but on one of the Win10 device, it only plays 3-10 seconds. Then gives the same message and stops. 

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times, didn't work. I have also tried removing from the other devices, but still no.

The version I have is: 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

Mine is 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f too

Marked as solution

So I finally found out a solution after hours and hours of troubleshooting, and I just said "f**k it" and deleted ALL of the files in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" (where the host file is) and all of a sudden my Spotify started working.
I'd like to mention that I checked my host file and there was nothing in it, it was wiped clean. However for some reason once I deleted all of the files there the music began to work and play. 

I went through all of the files and every single one of them were at default settings, so I'm genuinely unsure why it wasn't working, however this was my solution, hope it works for some. 

Does deleting all the drivers not mess anything up? Just because the folder is very large

Marked as solution

I think maybe deleting all the files isn't necessery.

I have opened the 'hosts' file in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" with Notepad and just removed the line with Spotify and saved it. Now it works.

Thank you so much, this solved all the side issues ive been having too!

Suggested posts