Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing after 5 seconds! Help!

Music stops playing after 5 seconds! Help!

Plan

Free

Country

Spain

Device

PC

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I am having issues when playing music on Spotify (desktop version). I play a song and after 5 seconds, it stops and a blue bar with the text "Can't play the current song". I have seen something similar happen to others and found a solution;

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Music-stop-playing-after-5-seconds/td-p/4746962

I wanted to try this, but when I got to the hosts step, when I opened the notepad++, it didn't come up the way it said it would. It just came up with null. I'll provide an image to show you what I mean.

I hope someone knows how to fix this!

Screenshot (1).png
2 Replies

Have you tried a clean reinstall? To do that, follow the steps listed in the tutorial that I've linked.

Note: After deleting the client, make sure there are no files left in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify before installing it again!

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've followed the instructions you provided. I uninstalled Spotify, checked to make sure that there are no Spotify folders, reinstalled it and tried to see if I can play the song that doesn't stop at 5 seconds, but the problem still persists.

Suggested posts