Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops plying after a while and doesn't continue until Computer restart

Music stops plying after a while and doesn't continue until Computer restart

Hi there

I have a problem with Spotify on my work computer. 

I have installed Spotify as it should and start listening in the morning. After usually 10-15 minutes of listening It stops and provides a blue bar at the bar saying 'Can't play the current song'. I can then try to start any song, regardless of if it is saved locally, daily mix, or on a radio, Podcasts. The interface shows that it is play ing the songs, but no sound is coming, regardless of what song I am trying to play. 

If I move to the web player the same thing happens, however when I listen to the exact same songs, on the same account on my mobile, tablet, or personal laptop, it works fine. 

From the mobile, I can use the 'Connect to a device' option to play Music on the Computer that just told me it can't play the Music, and that works most of the time. 

I can't imagine there is an issue with our Internet connection as we are using Sonos for the office speakers which is run via a premium Spotify account and that doesn't experience the same problems. Also, others in the office use wifi without a problem. 

I have so far

- reinstalled Spotify multiple times, via the Microsoft t app store and using an .exe file

- Used Spotify in multiple browsers, cleared history cache etc on those browsers

If anyone has an idea what the issue and if there is something I can do to get Spotify working properly, please let me know. 

2 Replies

Hey @kaymat90, welcome to our Spotify Community!

Could you let us know that device, operating system, and Spotify version you're using? Also, if possible, we'd recommend logging into a different desktop and let us know if you have the same issue.

Take care 🙂

Hey @kaymat90, us again!

Thanks for that thorough report above. Could you let us know:

• The device, operating system, and Spotify version for both the desktop and mobile devices?
  • The browsers that you tried the web player on?
  • What ISP you use, and if you’ve tried restarting the router?
  • An exact timestamp for when this started happening?
  • If you’ve tried removing any Offline Devices? (Go here and then to 'Manage your active offline devices')

We'd also recommend giving this article a read, as it'll have some useful info that relates to what you're experiencing. 

Hope this helps! Keep us posted with the requested info if the steps in the article don't improve this.

Suggested posts