Music stuttering across platforms

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Operating System

Windows 10/ Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

For the past week or so, my music has been stuttering, this happens once every 10 minutes or so but can be more frequent, depending on the song (I have found no correlation). As a bit of a self-diagnosed audiophile, it's driving me crazy! This is happening across three different devices, with three different audio outputs, pointing to Spotify being the issue. I will get a very brief static sound, similar to when you plug in a 3.5mm Jack with the colume turned up.

I've read many posts about this, the most common solution being to reinstall Spotify. I have done this to all my devices and it has made absolutely no difference. I've checked my drivers are up to date, reinstalled them, restarted all my devices but to no avail.

I believe it was a recent update that has caused this and considering the range of devices/operating systems, I cannot be the only one with this issue. I think Spotify need to release a patch that solves this issue. On the contrary, I may be missing something very obvious, in which case please do let me know! Thanks in advance,

Ethan

7 Replies

Hi @Cyclapho,

Since this is happening on multiple devices, it could be a problem with your internet connection.

I first recommend you to try restarting the router, if that doesn't help, consider using a different internet connection. 

If the steps above don't work, you can try to download some music, turn on offline mode to listen offline to see it gets better.

Alternatively, 

1. Log into Spotify with your Internet connection ON
  2. Turn off the Internet
  3. Turn it back on after a few seconds.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Unfortunately this is not the case. I have played downloaded music with the exact same issue. Also, I have had the same ISP, router and NIC for all my devices ever since I started using Spotify (around 2 years ago) and this issue has only occurred recently.

Alright, @Cyclapho,

Does the same thing happen if you try another network (or on 3G/4G)?

To figure out if the problem is with your account or not, please, try to log in into another account to see if the same issue is still there.

Yes, the same issue occurs when connected to a mobile network. I will try using a different account and get back to you.

Okay @Cyclapho, let me know if it works or not. I will be waiting for your reply 😉

Thanks for your help, changing to another account made no difference. However after a few recent updates on both the desktop version and the Android app, the stuttering appears to have stopped!

Well, this was probably something related to the version you were currently using then. Glad to see that your problem was fixed.

Let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Suggested posts