Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify account is broken?

Solved!

My Spotify account is broken?

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Sorry if I show you my screenshots in spanish, but I can`t use any function on my Spotify app in Windows, I can`t listening any kind of songs becuese the app does not play them, the issued started gradually, first I could not listening new songs I searched, then the app took a lot of time to open my playlist, the next day I could not open any song, any album or any playlist + Spotify Web said: We have an error, please reloead the page, but is not an internet thing... I don`t know what is happening, in my phone Moto C all is great with the app. 

PS: I do not have a Premiun account. 

apoty.png
Sin título.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ahh, this classic problem, the newest version of spotify(1.1) actually sucks **bleep**

therfor, im here to help you. since ive had the same problems and way way way more in my last few years using spotify.

SO, this is what you need to do, its only three steps ❤️

//1st unistall your spotify if you havent already//

//2nd install this version(its the golden age of spotify btw) 

https://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/31565/

//

//3rd IMPORTANT in order from the spotify from self updating and landing you in the same exact spot you are in now YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS GUIDE 

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/alw999/new_spotify_update_blocking_method/

//

and you should be done, enjoy ur spotify ❤️

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hello there @yyyohan3!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

I do not know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't find nothing that are you telling me, take a look: 

hotsn.png

@yyyohan3

I would just in case try commenting out these remaining lines (add a # in front of each line) and see if anything changes. If not, you can remove the # you added and I'd suggest checking if your antivirus software might be doing some filtering.

worked for me, saved my day, thanks a ton

@slfy

You are welcome mate! Have a great day 🙂

Marked as solution

ahh, this classic problem, the newest version of spotify(1.1) actually sucks **bleep**

therfor, im here to help you. since ive had the same problems and way way way more in my last few years using spotify.

SO, this is what you need to do, its only three steps ❤️

//1st unistall your spotify if you havent already//

//2nd install this version(its the golden age of spotify btw) 

https://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/31565/

//

//3rd IMPORTANT in order from the spotify from self updating and landing you in the same exact spot you are in now YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS GUIDE 

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/alw999/new_spotify_update_blocking_method/

//

and you should be done, enjoy ur spotify ❤️

**bleep**! It worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you so much! T.T 

I was dying becuase I've been without music two days in a row and helps me to concentrate! Thank you! 

Sin títuloewf.png

Yes, i know, im a literal GOD, but enjoy man, i hate people having the same problem as me <3333

Suggested posts