Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify doesn't play "Albums" or "Most Played Songs of Any artist"

It only plays the songs of my liked ones, and from my playlists. If I try to go to the Artist profile, and click on the song that I want, the player simply goes gray and stops.
It also stopped synchronizing with my mobile device.

I tried the issue fixes that the community sended here, and none worked. Tried with windows registry, deleting that "host" file stuff, reinstalled, used offline mode, disable the hardware acceleration, deleted cache, and NONE WORKED.
4 Replies

Hi fett, the desktop app has been crammed full of bugs for me too since the beginning so I understand the frustration firsthand. Browsed a few articles outside of the community for some options directly regarding your issues and I found a few steps to at least try before throwing in the towel. 

1. Check that you have a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it may cause issues with playback.

2. Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache. Sometimes, cookies and cache data can cause issues with website functionality.

3. Disable any browser extensions that may be interfering with Spotify's playback. Ad-blockers or other privacy-focused extensions can sometimes interfere with website functionality.

4. Try accessing Spotify in a different web browser or using the desktop app. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your web browser.

5. Make sure that you have the latest version of the Spotify app installed on your device.

6. Try logging out of your Spotify account and then logging back in.

Lemme know how things turn out.

Best regards,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, Prague

Thanks for the help, I didn't specified, but the problem is with the Windows Version, I used the one provided in the website, and also the Windows Store version, both have the same problem. I also checked my internet connection and it is everything ok, I even restarted my internet modem. I tried almost everything and still bugged. Besides that, my app on iPhone works perfectly, and even synchronize with the web app of Spotify. So, the only place with this major issue is at the desktop version.

Okay thanks for more information on the issue! It sounds like network issues if nothing is fully loading or synchronizing.

Here are some additional steps you can take to try to resolve the issue otherwise it could be hardware:

1. Clear your Spotify cache and cookies:

• Open Spotify on your desktop
    • Click on the down arrow icon in the top right corner
    • Select Settings
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Show Advanced Settings
    • Under Offline songs storage, click on Clear Cache
    • Scroll down to the Privacy section and click on Clear Cache and Clear Cookies
  2. Try using a different network connection:

• Connect to a different Wi-Fi network or use a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi
    • If you're using a VPN, try disconnecting from it and see if that resolves the issue
  3. Disable any firewalls or antivirus programs temporarily to see if they are blocking Spotify.

4. Try running Spotify in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the Spotify shortcut icon on your desktop and select Properties
    • Go to the Compatibility tab
    • Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
    • Select Windows 8 from the dropdown menu
    • Click Apply and then OK
  5. Uninstall Spotify and reinstall it:

• Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
    • Find Spotify in the list and click Uninstall
    • Download the latest version of Spotify from the Spotify website and reinstall it.

I hope these steps help to resolve the issue you're experiencing with Spotify on your Windows desktop.

Keep ya boy PUPdated,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry for this big delay on answering you, friend
I am still with the same issue, i can't even use the Discord feature "listen together", and it didn't play any specific song from artists, it only plays my playlists and "liked songs". I literally tried everything, so frustrating brother.

fett_1-1679159243329.png

Suggested posts