Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account was hacked, and now I can't download music.

Solved!

My account was hacked, and now I can't download music.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) These devices aren't mine, the only devices I have on my account are my Windows 10 PC and my Samsung Galaxy S10e. All of the ones shown are from whoever hacked my account. I did change my password and used the website to sign out of all devices.

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

After my account was hacked within the past week, I haven't been able to download music onto my computer. It just says "Waiting for connection..." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows app and it still doesn't work. I haven't reached the 10,000 song limit, and I have 1 1/2 terabytes of storage left to use. I only have one playlist download, but I can't add more music to it and download the new music. I have a new playlist I want to download as well that is having this same problem. I believe it's because my account got hacked and the three devices that are shown make it meet the limit for the number of devices you can have downloaded content on, but there isn't a way for me to remove that. 

Help is appreciated.

Spotify_h6oKC7TxyG.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @HalfLamb,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account.

If you've taken all the protection steps provided here, reinstalled the app following the steps provided here and still experience odd behavior on your account, i strongly recommend you consider creating a new account.

The new one created will provide you with a fresh clean start and you'll be able to move all of you data safely following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Let me know what you think 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @HalfLamb,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account.

If you've taken all the protection steps provided here, reinstalled the app following the steps provided here and still experience odd behavior on your account, i strongly recommend you consider creating a new account.

The new one created will provide you with a fresh clean start and you'll be able to move all of you data safely following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Let me know what you think 🙂

Suggested posts