Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlists on my phone is now more up to date that the one on my two pc's.

Solved!

My playlists on my phone is now more up to date that the one on my two pc's.

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

my playlist only has a couple of songs in it after i reinstalled spotify on my computer! Somehow i only have a couple of songs on my other computer as well even though i didn't touch that computer. i have tried going offline and waiting and going online again, but no results. i have also tried reinstalling it again without any good results. I used to have many more songs on the playlist, and the spotify on my phone is the only one updated 100%.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Here's a potential solution I found from browsing through other threads that you could look at:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Playlists-empty-after-update/td-p/4679818

Hope this does the trick,

A

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you! i found a solution!  i found this, and everything works fine, and i can even see my friend feed which couldn't load for a long time: 

@Smexyskeletor wrote:

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

It even got my friend's activity tab working, that's been dead for months!

I recommend checking your hosts file for any Spotify-related entries.
The file is capable of redirecting traffic for addresses it contains, so it can break Spotify app when it contains Spotify addresses.

It's easy to check and edit, you'll need admin rights:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Here's a potential solution I found from browsing through other threads that you could look at:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Playlists-empty-after-update/td-p/4679818

Hope this does the trick,

A

Marked as solution

Thank you! i found a solution!  i found this, and everything works fine, and i can even see my friend feed which couldn't load for a long time: 

@Smexyskeletor wrote:

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

It even got my friend's activity tab working, that's been dead for months!

I recommend checking your hosts file for any Spotify-related entries.
The file is capable of redirecting traffic for addresses it contains, so it can break Spotify app when it contains Spotify addresses.

It's easy to check and edit, you'll need admin rights:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

ME FUNCIONO

Hasta arreglo otros problemas como la feed de los amigos!

Suggested posts