Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My public playlists do not appear in the search ...

Solved!

My public playlists do not appear in the search ...

I have two playlists that I have made public but neither show uip in the desktop apps search page. They are about a week and a half old.

Playlist 1 : Brutal Death/Technical Death/Death/Grind Metal

Playlist 2 : Doom/Drone/Sludge/Stoner Metal

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Strange, this has come up before but we never managed to pin down the "solution". The playlists just seem to take a while to appear in search, makes me wonder how often they re-index 1.5 billion playlists - thats gotta take a while!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Strange, this has come up before but we never managed to pin down the "solution". The playlists just seem to take a while to appear in search, makes me wonder how often they re-index 1.5 billion playlists - thats gotta take a while!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I guess the solution is just wait it out. Thanks.

I have the same problem, though my playlists have been public for around a year now.  None of them show up in a public search.  The only way to get my friends to follow the playlists is to send the html link to them in email and go in through the spotify website.  I simply don't show up on Spotify.  The same is true with a search of my name.  

My playlists are not showing up when my friends search me. I have tried reinstalling spotify and making sure they say public... They still are not showing up. Irritated. Please help

They never did fix the problem with their search engine.  You have to mail the playllist to your friends and then they can see the rest of them.  

Has this problem ever been solved? None of my public playlists show in a search even though they appear to have a unique name?!

Suggested posts