Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My "play/pause" button isn't working

My "play/pause" button isn't working

So for awhile now, I have binded three buttons on my mouse: one for play/pause, one for forward track, and one for backtrack. All of them have worked for a very long time now, but it seems that only recently has this stopped working for me. None of the buttons work for me unless I have Spotify as my main window. I have checked in my Chrome settings for that Google Play Music thing, and it also isn't in my extensions so I know that isn't the problem. Help?

3 Replies

same here. its just happened to me today out of the blue. only works when the spotify window is focused. 

hopefully its just a bug and not a feature

The last Spotify update I just got actually apparently fixed it for me, everything is back to normal so.

This is a common bug reported by several Spotify users, myself included: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Chrome-56-Broken-Web-Player/idi-p/1602198

We're waiting to hear for a response and a fix. This has to do with going to the beta layout.

Until then, your best bet is installing User-Agent Switch extension in Chrome. Change the User-Agent to Explorer 11, go to play.spotify.com, and open it. Then turn off the extension after the page loads.

Suggested posts