Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify don't work on my pc

My spotify don't work on my pc

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My spotify don't work on my pc !!!

So i brought spotify premium and i signed in on my phone and on my pc it works fine on my phone but on my pc it don't work.

whenever i try and listen to a playlist it says "this playlist is currently empty" when it is not on my phone.

I have tried many ways to fix it, i've looked throough community posts, watched youtube videos and read other threads nothing has worked as of yet, this was my last resort but can anyone help ? 

Untitled.png
6 Replies

Hey @tylerfehr 

Please try out the steps in this article (the hosts file method specifically), it could be that there are lines in hosts that block Spotify from working properly.

If that didn't do the trick, you can try disabling your antivirus/adblocker app and see if that works. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried that solution before and it dont seems to work I've already removed the 00.00.00 Files on the Spotify but it don't seem to work still. 

@tylerfehr 

What antivirus apps are you using?

Also, have you used an app called Ezblocker? It's a Spotify ad blocker and even when it's uninstalled, there are residual registry entries that may cause malfunctioning for Spotify.

This thread shows how to remove the registry entries, in case you have used this app in the past.

Let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Thank ! It’s work

@Sebasty wrote:

@tylerfehr 

Also, have you used an app called Ezblocker? It's a Spotify ad blocker and even when it's uninstalled, there are residual registry entries that may cause malfunctioning for Spotify.

This thread shows how to remove the registry entries, in case you have used this app in the past.

Let me know 🙂

@Sebasty wrote:

@tylerfehr 

Let me know 🙂

Hey,

I don't have that app installed and I am sure it's some sort of app I have installed on my pc that is blocking my Spotify use.

I am yet to find out which app it is as I have many, I'm guessing it's some sort of anti-virus or adblocker but I'm not sure I have any if you know of any other apps that will stop me from using Spotify I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks.

@tylerfehr 

One method of finging out if the issue is caused by a third-party app or something is going to Safe Mode (with networking) and see if the issue happens in that mode too.

This is how to do it:

1. Search for msconfig.
2. go to the Boot section of the program.

3. select "Safe Boot" and add a tick to "Network." Click OK. Windows will want to restart now.
4. After restart, you'll find yourself in a very stripped Windows with only basic and necessary services/drivers working. Try if Spotify has any issues.
5. To get back into normal mode, you have to go back to msconfig to unselect "safe boot" in the Boot tab.

If Safe Mode had no issues, it is some third party software causing the problem.
If Safe Mode has issues, then it's a problem within Windows itself, or in the basic drivers.

You can try ensuring that your Antivirus/Antimalware is up to date. There was one user with issues in Spotify that disappeared when the antivirus app was updated.  🙂

Let me know what you find!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts