Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Hi. So, I've been a spotify member for six months now and have had no problems until now. I just took a look at my profile and noticed that spotify displays not my name, but 1214123792 as my "username", which I do not like. When I signed up for spotify I connected to my facebook account and continued signing in with my email, just like I would for facebook. This caused my full name to represent my profile; which I'm okay with. Here's the thing that might have caused the problem: I just recently lost interest in facebook and temporarily deactivated my account, but I could still log in to spotify using my facebook information (email and password). I  checked my account settings and what not on the spotify website and saw that I was still connected to facebook. I get that spotify is for listening to music and it shouldn't matter how your profile appears, but it still bugs me. Solution?

162 Replies

test

YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE USERNAME ON THE IOS APP. IF YOU CREATE IT ON DESKTOP YOU GET THE RANDOM NUMBERS. DO IT. CHECK IT OUT

Can we not choose our username if we dont link to facebook?

**bleep** me too 

Strange random username.

Same here. I guess choosing a username is too hard for people. 

testing my username

TEst

how did you fix it :c

It's not fixed

I still have the same problem zz

nvm solved

test

RIP

test

mine is a bunch of random stuff too 😞 

did it work?

Mine too - it didn't let me choose my UN (I registered on desktop), but it let my brother choose his (registered on iPhone) - why? 

same

Suggested posts