Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Hi. So, I've been a spotify member for six months now and have had no problems until now. I just took a look at my profile and noticed that spotify displays not my name, but 1214123792 as my "username", which I do not like. When I signed up for spotify I connected to my facebook account and continued signing in with my email, just like I would for facebook. This caused my full name to represent my profile; which I'm okay with. Here's the thing that might have caused the problem: I just recently lost interest in facebook and temporarily deactivated my account, but I could still log in to spotify using my facebook information (email and password). I  checked my account settings and what not on the spotify website and saw that I was still connected to facebook. I get that spotify is for listening to music and it shouldn't matter how your profile appears, but it still bugs me. Solution?

162 Replies

testt

test

test

test

Test

testing. apparently replying to a post is supposed to fix it?

Testin

test

Test

test

mine is still numbers

nevermind

Tonight i got the same problem, now this look solved, could it be implied with Discover Weekly not updating?

All solved, thanks again to Spotify

test

😞

test

never mind...

Just found this on the support website

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂

test

Suggested posts