Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Hi. So, I've been a spotify member for six months now and have had no problems until now. I just took a look at my profile and noticed that spotify displays not my name, but 1214123792 as my "username", which I do not like. When I signed up for spotify I connected to my facebook account and continued signing in with my email, just like I would for facebook. This caused my full name to represent my profile; which I'm okay with. Here's the thing that might have caused the problem: I just recently lost interest in facebook and temporarily deactivated my account, but I could still log in to spotify using my facebook information (email and password). I  checked my account settings and what not on the spotify website and saw that I was still connected to facebook. I get that spotify is for listening to music and it shouldn't matter how your profile appears, but it still bugs me. Solution?

162 Replies

Test

same

test

ayyy

Idk, but my username is just random, I know for a fact I put my name and not 30 different characters. Idk if I logged in with Facebook, but I can sign in without it, so I don’t think I did. HELP, it’s hard to look for my music when I don’t have my phone

test

Wow.  Way to make things more confusing.  Why bother to ask for a username if you are not going to use it.

@jbrpg4m-_9s8a

Email:

"Hi jbrpg4m-_9s8a,

You just earned a new badge!

1 Reply

Thank you for posting."

Hey.  That's Mr jbrpg4m-_9s8a to you!

Test

Yea they say evry1 get a name like this our some**bleep**

this is so stupid, I don't know why it seems so hard to fix.

Same problem here! Signed up using computer. Got username: 11166963124. I have no facebook. Lot's of friends of mine use Spotify too, but i can's seem to find them. I really think it is crazy u can't change it. I can't even upload a profile picture. Is the facbook maffia behind this? Should be easy to fix. I just changed from using Deezer premium to Spotify family. Hope this changes soon. Othewise i have to change back to Deezer i'm afraid.

I had two linked facebooks, one that was my normal account and one that was just a page. I deactivated the page but not my normal account. Since this has happened my username on my moblie device has changed to number however on my computer it still says my name. My friends have also not been able to find my profile when searching my name. the ID number for me is 12145163232

I had two linked facebooks, one that was my normal account and one that was just a page. I deactivated the page but not my normal account. Since this has happened my username on my moblie device has changed to number however on my computer it still says my name. My friends have also not been able to find my profile when searching my name. the ID number for me is 12145163232

test

Hello Spotify Team

I would just like to ask why my username says it's 95l37ztt5gl5ap60f6f94zin3 when i go the website for account overview but when I go to the downloaded app version of spotify its has the name I chose "Lil_Veza" and the chosen profile picture is there anyway that you can fix this 

Thankyou,

So, is Spotify still working on this? My username has been a bunch of numbers now for almost three weeks, I see that this is a problem already since 2013... how to fix?

Same problem on OSX, until recently it was my public facebook name. Now it's only and always the string 2262y5ojymu75ye2i7rgaab4a. 

I want to go back to being Brady!

hi i created an account on pc , i chose "Seinaru no Senjutsu" for the account name , i have no fb account and my account name looks like "h3xqorhtq0exxu5djktvmpzw5", can you fix it i want to go premium but , if it will still look like that , i wont...

Suggested posts