Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Hi. So, I've been a spotify member for six months now and have had no problems until now. I just took a look at my profile and noticed that spotify displays not my name, but 1214123792 as my "username", which I do not like. When I signed up for spotify I connected to my facebook account and continued signing in with my email, just like I would for facebook. This caused my full name to represent my profile; which I'm okay with. Here's the thing that might have caused the problem: I just recently lost interest in facebook and temporarily deactivated my account, but I could still log in to spotify using my facebook information (email and password). I  checked my account settings and what not on the spotify website and saw that I was still connected to facebook. I get that spotify is for listening to music and it shouldn't matter how your profile appears, but it still bugs me. Solution?

162 Replies

Hello there.. so I got the same problem.. my username used to be my full name and it all was working fine.. it is connected to facebook and all.. but my username now shows just a bunch of numbers ( 1125204917 ) .. but if i click on that to see my profile i can see my pic and all.. im a bit confused :S

Your account shows your facebook profile to everyone @user-removed so don't worry. What you see should update shortly too.

I am having this same problem, though I have not made any changes to my Facebook account. 

What is your numerical username?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's 1214256211

All looks ok from here. Could just be a temporary blip with your client retrieving the data from Facebook.

Peter

I have the same problem. I've been a premium user for a week, signed up via Facebook. But my username is a set of numbers with no profile pic. my profile is not visible to my FB friends too.

I've tried reinstall the app but it doesnt help.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.

What is your username?

Peter

Hi Peter,

My username is 12149120542.

I have to ask did you use your phone to create your facebook account?

Dear Peter,

I have been using Spotify for the past month and I got my girlfriend into it as well, but when she logged in using Facebook her username was all a bunch of random numbers. She just logged in. She didn't deactivate her facebook or anything. She can't even browse, same as Mundivondi there. Her username is: 12151619094

I hope it gets fixed soon.
Thanks

The username "12151619094" is showing as connected to Facebook fine for me.

Might be worth re-installing the Spotify app:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

I have the same problem, now my username appears 12145218344, can you help? Or just check it, I already tried to uninstall and install, but nothing seems to change.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem, although I didn't deactivate my Facebook account, I just logged in, and instead of my picture and Fb username, I could only see numbers! How can I fix this? Username is 12151972421

It's annoying because my friends can't find me. 

I used my phone to create spotify account and sign up using fb account.

Hi! I have the same problem.. I've signed up via Facebook but my username is a set of numbers with no profile pic and my profile isn’t visible to my FB friends.

I've tried reinstall the app but the problem remains.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

please change my user (number) name on ctrlpattt

Thx a lot 🙂

Hello,

I've got the same issue.

I got a Facebook account that have been converted into a page in FB.

Now my name and picture are no more displayed in Spotify.

So 3 questions :

Where can I switch back my name to be in line with what is indicated in my Spotify account " Pot Ô Clips" ?

Where can I switch back my photo ?

If not,

Is it possible to (re) link a Facebook page with a spotify account ?

Thanks for your support,

Cheers

Pot 'Ô' Man

same thing my username is 1278950837 thanks

@cheremito 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts