My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: My username is a bunch of random numbers!

j3glgl9medcj9ug

Hi Peter,

I just created a new spotify account and, during its creation, I have chosen an user name. However, when it was finished, my user name appeared as j3glgl9medcj9ugynk26ed3d2 and I cannot find a way to change it. I have no facebook account and I do not intend to use it. How can I have my name in the user name, please? 
Thank you

howieweiner

Same problem. I've upgraded to Spotify premium, and thought at least I could choose a username. Instead, I'm stuck with a random striong of letters and numbers.

spunkify1

This actually happens whn you signed using the app. To be able to choose your desired username, you need to use your browser in creating an account. :)

dillinblack55
Casual Listener

My Username Is 22wttxmmjj5gppkcq6tmtrpvy For Some Reason Idk Why :(

ArkanArivan

My gf and I got a family plan because we live together. After I upgraded my username became, 8gncec82lzr01sxgtuzqzoku9. 

Can you change that to my name or allow me to change it?

colincbn
Gig Goer

Hi,
I have been working on this issue with Spotify Help and have been told there is very little we can do about it, but if the community does not like it Spotify may change their stance.
I was then directed to submit an "Idea", and told that if it gets enough votes Spotify may adress this issue.
Please look here for more details and to vote for Spotify to stop changing people's usernames to random characters:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Don-t-force-us-to-use-gibberish-as-Usernames/idi-p...

chr-ma

test

muse-ik

Mine is just like this, except there is also a few letters too. I've tried everything, but I still can't change it. Can you help?

ASCII84

test

Monc0

test

SUGGESTED POSTS