Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NOT FIXED: Spotify keeps freezing up my entire computer, been a problem for 2 years

NOT FIXED: Spotify keeps freezing up my entire computer, been a problem for 2 years

Device

Lenovo Flex 2-14

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

I posted this nearly a year ago now: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-keeps-freezing-up-my-entire-computer/m-p/35...

Spotify keeps freezing up my entire computer when I open or close it. A complete lock down, even the cursor wouldn't move. I'm forced to hold down the power button or sometimes a bluescreen would appear and my computer will restart. Nothing else on my computer does this. Only Spotify causes this to happen.

I have tried everything. I have tried re-installing, I have tried installing the app from the Microsoft Store, I have tried turning off Hardware acceleration, I have tried turning off local library integration

This problem has continued and it has not be fixed. There are many other threads describing this same issue but they are all incorrectly marked as "solved". IT IS NOT SOLVED. And I am fed up with sending countless e-mails back and forth to support, all you guys (spotify support) have done is to send me in a loop of troubleshooting the same stuff over and over again. My time is precious and i've already wasted enough time troubleshooting this. 

The problem isn't me. It's Spotify. My laptop never crashes until I touch Spotify. Is there anyone who isn't an robot that I can actually work with? 

I will not be re-subscribing to spotify premium. For the love of god, fix your rubbish app.

0 Replies

Suggested posts