Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC and Android

Operating System

Android 9, Windows 10 Enterprise

My Question or Issue

On my Android phone I can see all nearby devices like chrome cast adapters and speakers but not my Windows computer running Spotify. On Spotify in Windows I can't see any devices, not even my phone which is using the same account. Also the recently played list is not synced. This used to work fine.

2 Replies

Hey @CrazyD - help's here!

Do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the desktop app on your Windows PC using the relevant steps in this Spotify Answer?

Hopefully that should do the trick. If not, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Re-installing the PC application did not solve the problem. I also noticed two strange things:

1# If I listen to music on my Android phone I can still play music on my computer at same time with the same account. Not sure if something has changed in the spotify license lately because the music used to stop on my phone if I tried to play music from a different device (computer or sonos).

2# The proxy settings in spotify is strange. If I select to use HTTP and enter my host address (//wwwproxy.blablabla.com) in the host field and the port name in the port field. After hitting the "Update button" it ask me to restart, but clicking the banner will not restart spotify only exit spotify. When starting spotify again the host filed will show "HTTP" and the port field shows "//wwwproxy.blabla.com". That must be a bug.

Suggested posts