Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Desktop Experience - your feedback wanted!

Solved!

New Desktop Experience - your feedback wanted!

Spotify is testing a new way for you to connect with your music on Desktop. The new desktop experience features an all-new design, streamlined with the Spotify apps on all your devices. 

This is a brand-new experience and some parts are still being fine-tuned. Be sure to give feedback with the steps below to let the right folks know what you think could be improved.

The other Rock Stars and I got the chance to test the new desktop experience first and now more users will be able to test it out and give their feedback for the team. If you are a passionate Spotify user and would like to join the Rock Star Program and be part of cool experiences like this, then check out this help article.

image.png

How do I know if I’m using the New Desktop Experience?

The new desktop experience is not hard to spot with its new design! Your Library looks like this for example:

Why did the app change? 

This test is rolled out to a specific group of users at this moment. It’s not possible to sign up for this right now, but your interest is really appreciated. If you’re interested in testing out new versions of Spotify before everyone else, check this out: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-do-I-become-a-Spotify-Beta-tester/ta-p/4551518

If you’re looking for more information about how tests work and about how features are released, take a look here: https://support.spotify.com/article/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my-friends/.

How to give feedback?

This thread is your go-to destination for asking questions, getting help for issues you may have, as well as to share your impressions and feedback on this new desktop experience. 

Keep in mind that pictures can say a thousand words, so if you have any screenshots of something you’d like to share of your experience be sure to post them here as well! The right teams at Spotify take their time to read the posts in this thread and use your feedback to fine-tune this new experience for everyone.

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1,317 Replies

same thing for me that on windows 10 spotify use more 450mo. 

my computer has only 4go RAM. 

hey guys, the version spotify 1.1.54.592 is release

Moved:

I have not posted links to any version of spotify

I've had posts removed too for trying to help people roll back to a functional version of Spotify..

The only time Spotify responds to this thread is when people try to fix the issues themselves. Any feedback or criticism is ignored.

do you guys know what changed with the new update? (1.1.54)

I don't know that  changed after update of version 1.1.54.592gc0b20638.

all I know that performance what  is improve.

Good news for user windows 10.

I noticed in settings windows a features for quality sound to Speaker bluetooth and headphones bluetooth.

in System , Sound  and Control Panel sound.

click on settings of speaker them enhancements and  all check

my screenshot is on my profil community for manoeuvre to do.

Flanstario1_0-1615056490414.png

right now a better quality sound thank at Microsoft.

I was very much enjoying the new desktop experience although it has been reverted back suddenly to the old experience? Is there any way to opt back into the new experience?

I tried making a new thread although it won't allow me 😕

Indeed memory is a big  issue. For me It takes up to 5 minutes sometimes even more  to load the completeUIi.The good thing i can play it even before i see the complete UI.

Add back LIST in the discography menu!

I wanna see ALL albums with ALL tracks listed under them, not this terrible icon view.

Please add the option to copy playlist URI again with the new UI.

Apparently it's possible to access the copy URI (for playlists/tracks) while holding the Ctrl or Alt key (which I discovered by accident...) while the "share" menu is open.

I guess my new request would be to document/make it clear that it's possible to access URI copying by holding Ctrl/Alt with the share menu is open.

I mostly just listen to podcasts on Desktop, so my feedback pertains to that area.

Removing the ability to sort podcast episodes was the worst decision made for this update; I've been working my way through a podcast that started in early 2018 (am now on 2020 episodes), and it is incredibly annoying to have to manually scroll all the way to the bottom of the list every time I leave the main podcast page and come back. On top of that, the queue system is absolutely bonkers. Unless I manually add each sequential episode to the queue, the episodes play completely out of order, and Spotify automatically plays episodes I've already listened to. This is annoying on its own for someone like me, who likes to listen to a new podcast from the very beginning and go in order, but that annoyance is amplified by the fact that the majority of the episodes in this particular podcast are 2+ parts. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to automatically shuffle podcasts and not be able to sort them.

It also may be worth looking into a separate queue between Desktop and Mobile, since I am more prone to listen to music on mobile and don't want my songs interrupted by the next podcast episode I put in my queue while I was at work.

Hello! My Question or Issue

Pop-out audio player overlay has failed pause button, only play and back/fwd icons showing as well. No ability to pause. Not sure if it's just a CSS issue or something more involved. 

I'm on Windows 10, Lenovo, using desktop player

Okay, so, how to change version back??? Why can't I see the list the artist's songs on their page??? How am I supposed to remember where is the song i need??? I want to easily find it on the artist's page and not somewhere in google

@jryesterday

If it helps you any, a potential work around I've found for playing podcasts is to start listening to something on your desktop, bring up the app on your phone, and then try to start the podcast where you want it and tell it to continue playing on your desktop when it prompts. It will play in the proper order in this fashion (plus you can still sort on mobile).

That's how I worked around the same problem I was having while working my way up through a podcast.

@terioncalling

I've done that before as a workaround but don't love it since my phone then sometimes decides to take over and play the audio itself, so my desktop audio suddenly stops. The ideal solution is that Spotify make sense, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

@jryesterday

Oh, that sucks! I've never had my phone do that to me. And, yeah, the ideal solution is for Spotify to fix it but *shrug* we'll see if that happens.

Could the sticky info at the top be updated to reflect current details of what's been updated and released? I think there have been some changes released since then in the last six weeks. Any anticipated changes, especially anything to indicate the end of the test?

*****please roll me back to a functional UI, I do not want to pay you to test your broken alpha software release*****

Hey, one functionality I miss from the old UI was the following (on the desktop version on Windows):

1. Go to a playlist.

2. Click Ctrl+F

3. Search for any song in playlist

4. Click on the song to highlight it

5. Exit filter mode

6. The client would then jump to the position of the selected song in the playlist.

With the new UI, step 6 seem to no longer occur. I would like to have the "jump to selected song" occur again with the new UI, as it makes it quite easier to navigate large playlists. Even if I guess the vast majority of users don't operate with large enough playlists to make this functionality a priority, it would still be nice to have this functionality back...

Suggested posts