Country

Argentina

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

macOS Monterey

My Question or Issue

Hi guys!

I'm following THIS podcast and suddenly the application for desktop (Mac) just stopped showing new episodes in October. 

The newest episode that I can see is from 26-oct and the podcast has right now five more episodes that I can find typing its names but in the main podcast page are gone.

Also, in browser or iPhone there's no problem, the episodes are shown normally.

I've tried logging out and then logging in and restarting de Macbook but the problem persists.

Any idea? does someone else have been there? 

Thanks!

8 Replies

Hey @luismaria86,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. Since this is happening only on one of your devices, there might be an issue with the cache files.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

after following the guide the "New Episodes" thing is still missing. Any ideas?

Hi @alexzaizar09,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's something you can try out:

1. Close the Spotify app and make sure it's not running.
  2. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  3. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  4. There you'll find a file called prefs. Simply delete the file.
  5. Restart the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Here is a screenshot, and as you can see, the "New Episodes" are not listed. Although in the mobile app, it is, and I've even pinned it.

alexzaizar09_0-1641665021011.png

Hey @alexzaizar09

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to clarify, the New Episodes folder is only available in the mobile app. 

It seems that other users would like to have it in the desktop app as well and posted this idea. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there. Additionally, make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Oh, too bad. It would be nice to have it across platforms. Thanks for the response.

This is really disappointing.

Often I'm moving between mobile and desktop, and listening to podcasts, and to not just have a "new episodes" category (while having a self-curated "my episodes" category which I never use) really seems like someone just dropped the ball.

Is there genuinely no way to see a stream of latest episodes, in reverse date order, of all the podcasts I follow, on the desktop?

If so, why does Spotify consider itself a better podcast app than any other offering (except of course that Spotify now owns a tonne of podcasts, which makes it even more ridiculous not to have as a feature!)

I find it hard both to like and accept this as an answer. "Just to clarify" is a rather lame way to excuse for the support people not being informed about it or you not writing "NOTE! We have never had this feature on the desktop", and at least I get an "Access denied" page when I try to go to the linked idea page. Of course, with people now having Spotify as their go-to app for podcasts and using multiple devices to control the playing, this should still be an active "idea" worked upon.

P.S. The prefs deletion is also something that you never should need to do, and an app which cannot discover itself that the screen is completely black and not responding is also not acceptable.

Suggested posts