Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

After waiting so long for Spotify to add the new 'feature' of showing me the new episodes of podcasts I follow, it finally happened via a randomly placed category on my homepage (seriously, why isn't it in the same location of the home page from day to day, or better yet, why isn't it part of 'Your Library'???). But I digress. I was fine with this addition until today, when the 'see all' button disappeared from my new episodes list. So, now I can only see the new episodes for eight of the dozens of podcasts that I follow. Alternatively, I can click through said dozens of podcasts in my library and manually find the ones that I have not listened to yet, but this is a silly expectation for something that I'm paying to use. PLEASE PUT THE 'SEE ALL' BUTTON BACK FOR NEW PODCAST EPISODES OR FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY MAKE THE DESKTOP UI THE SAME AS MOBILE.

27 Replies

Hi there @Smathia1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try logging out from your account, restarting your device, and logging back in? If that doesn't make any difference, could you try it on the web player and let us know if the same happens there?

A screenshot of how things look like on your end would also come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The 'see all' has returned to the new episodes section of my desktop app. I'm not sure what the fix was--maybe restarting my computer? I had previously closed the app and reopened and that had not fixed it.

Still, I would like to know the reasoning behind the new episodes category being in a different location on the home page seemingly on a daily basis, and why it isn't part of 'Your Library' like it is on the mobile app. Even being able to just sort podcasts by those with newest episodes would be a huge improvement.

Hey @Smathia1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that you're able to see the button now. 

Keep in mind that the changes made to Your Library are only for mobile devices at the moment, including the New Episodes folder. For now, we'd suggest sorting the episodes in your favorite podcasts from Newest to Oldest in the small dropdown next to "All Episodes" in the desktop app.

We really value your feedback regarding this, and will make sure to pass it on to the right teams as we always strive to improve our users' experience.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So, the see all button is gone again. I have relaunched the app and restarted my computer but still nothing. It is also missing from the web player.

Aaaaand now it's back. No idea what causes it to disappear or reappear. Some days it's there, others it's not. Maybe it's related to the new episodes section being on some sort of rotation in the home page layout and in some spots it doesn't include the see all button?

Hi @Smathia1,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

To better understand this issue please send us a screenshot showing what you see when you look for the New Episodes section.

Also, do you play any episodes before the See All button disappears? 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The 'see all' button has been gone now for the past two days. Screenshot attached. Also to note, I cannot click on the 'New episodes' header either. It does not seem to matter if I open the app and look for the see all button, or play an episode and then look for it. I think maybe it's dependent on where on the home page the new episodes are. Today, it's the 14th category down from the top of the home page. If it comes back in the coming days I'll note what position it's in.

Capture.JPG

The new episodes are 10 categories from the top today, and the see all button has returned. 

16th from the top today, and everything is all good. Will report back if it disappears again.

Hi @Smathia1,

Thank you for sharing this information with us. 

Please keep an eye on the New Episodes section and let us know if you keep noticing any changes. 

Also, have you noticed that when the See All button disappears some of your followed shows haven't released any new episodes? Or does it disappear independently of the number of new episodes released?

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Plot twist--same day but the new episodes section has moved to nine rows from the top and now the see all button has disappeared again. I follow a bunch of podcasts so there are definitely more new episodes than the six that are shown on the home page--some of which actually show up in the 'good afternoon' header at the top but not in the new episodes section. I did close out of the app and reopen to confirm that this did not fix the problem.

Hi @Smathia1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending over the exact Spotify version you're currently running? 

It would also be helpful if you could log in to another account using your computer, such as a friend's or family member's, to see if the same thing happens. In case you don't have another account that you can use, you can create a new one for testing purposes here

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

New episodes are nine from the top today, no see all button. I closed and reopened the app and now it's ten from the top, still no see all button.

Spotify for Windows
1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e

I made another account and added some podcasts to it, opened it in the web player, and the new episodes were 10 from the top and it did have a see all button. I also logged in with the test account on my Windows app and the see all button was there too. Logged back into my original account and the new episodes had move again to spot 11, still no see all button.

Five from the top today, see all button has reappeared.

Hi @Smathia1,

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for letting us know that the See All button has reappeared.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Fourth from the top today, see all button is gone again. Test account is fine. THIS IS NOT FIXED.

Sixth from the top today, see all button returned.

Nine from the top today, no see all button.

Also, the newest episode of Tigerbelly that was released yesterday morning is still not on Spotify. I had to watch it on YouTube.

Suggested posts