Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases Playlist Not Updating

New Releases Playlist Not Updating

The official "New Releases on Spotify" playlist (link: New Releases on Spotify - US) has been one of my favorite features of the program. I use it every week to see all the new tracks and albums added. Unlike every prior week, the playlist was not updated this Tuesday. I tweeted @SpotifyCares, and they replied "I think we upload too many to put them in one place, but New Releases in Browse is a great place to start 🙂 /S." This seems unlikely, considering the list frequently has releases from the last two weeks. Furthermore, I've seen playlists with near 2,000 songs on them (the New Releases playlist has under 500), making this assertion by @SpotifyCares very dubious.

To make matters worse, my copy of the list today was replaced by a list called "New Music Tueday" (link: New Music Tuesday), which only includes tracks selected by Spotify. This is obviously not the same.

Is this issue being looked into? Was the lack of update this week just a blip? The answer from @SpotifyCares on Twitter was clearly wrong, so I'd like to know what's really going on.

65 Replies

Looks like the Spotify New Music playlist is updating again.  Maybe the guy who does it went on vacation for a couple of weeks.  I received an email stating tracks were added and now the list has changed.  At the moment its a very very short playlist, but still, he's now working on it again.

This Weeks Releases [spotifynewmusic.com]

Is this a spotify playlist, or one that a random user has decided to generate? User/creator appears to be "jlarome." 

Still seems to be missing stuff.  Yes, songs from Tsongas re-release. Imelda May, Tribal, more.

I've been watching this list every week as a starting point:

http://view.email.newburycomics.com/?j=fe571577726302757417&m=fef917707d6201&ls=fdbe15717d64027c7c1d...

but it doesn't help with back-catalog additions or smaller independent releases (especially non-us releases that Spotify still has US licenses for).

Well, these playlists are better than nothing but it doesn't catch all new releases.  For example, Moist has a new album out on Spotify.  And it didn't catch all of the new Weezer album.

Just posting here to say I've cancelled my subscription. The "recently added" playlists still have not returned and the subsititutions available are still inadequate. In addition, I've just discovered that even with a premium subscription a user cannot save more than 10,000 songs. It's apparent that my usage case does not fit within Spotify's desired consumer behavior so I will be uninstalling and moving on.

I'm just bumping this to say that New Music Tuesday still sucks and they need to bring this playlist back.

Suggested posts