Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'New albums release' from spotify not updating....

'New albums release' from spotify not updating....

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

hi, not sure if this is the right forum, I wanted to put it into the help to all spotify communitites rather than just the windows users, but could see no way of asking a question in there, so after 30 mins have given up and will post here instead...

If someone wants to educate me please feel free! 

Meanwhile...my issue:

I subscribe to jlarome who puts out a playlist every week of the newly released albums from spotify. He gets his information (I think) from the spotify link: http://spotifynewmusic.com/index.php?sort=da&date. BUT this link has not updated for over 2 weeks now (not since 13th Nov 2020), and I don't understand why. Can any one tell me? Is this tempory? Have spotify changed the way they list newly released albums? And if so can someone post the new link? If this is a dleted feature can anyone tell me how I can get to a list of new albums (I try to listen to track 2and 3 from each newly released album). I would private message jlarome, but sadly spotiy seems to aave stopped private messages...:( Thanks for any information. gtb

1 Reply

Hi there @gtbjames,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We cannot say if the user jlarome is going to be releasing new playlists in the future, as he is not an official Spotify employee or associate. We also don't recommend using websites like the one you've mentioned above, as it is not an official Spotify website and might contain malicious content. 

What you can do is have a look at the New Releases section on the Desktop app. You can access that from the Library menu on the left > Browse > New Releases.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts