Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I recently got an automatic update for Spotify, And immediately I discovered changes I didn't like. For example, every time I want to look at a friend's activity I have to reinstall, The date a song is added to a playlist is no longer showed, There is no more recommended songs at the bottom of a playlist, the number of plays on a song in an artist's page is no longer there. I no longer see my profile in the same way, for example now recently played artists do no show, now it is just playlists, I can't even see my followers and following on my profile anymore.

Is there any way to get back to a previous version? Is my friend tab disappearing a bug?

3 Replies

I am concerned about the same thing. They have removed ESSENTIAL feautres like sorting and filtering playlists. their support even agrees this is weird. if this isnt fixed I will cancel my subscription. and I know many others who said they will do the same.

Hey there @qtpie02 and @bclatt1

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

In case you still can't properly see your Friend Activity, we suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Thank you for clearing that up, although I still have some questions

When am I going to stop being Spotify's guinea pig so I can go back to Spotify like before? and is there any way to stop this from happening in the future?

Suggested posts