DrBunker
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

All

Is there a way to get the new releases page to show all new releases (even if just for my country), rather than just those the Spotify algorithm decides it wants to show me?

9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: New releases

A_Musicophile
Community Legend

Hi @DrBunker,

As far as I know, the best way in which you could find the newest releases is to select the 'Browse' tab on the left of the Spotify desktop app (as shown in screenshot). If I was eager to find some new music of whatever genre, I'd also search 'new releases' and look through some playlists made by Spotify users who are very good at finding great new releases. @Jpgchief is a good example of a Spotify user who makes playlists with great new releases.

Hope this helps!

A

Screenshot (311).png
Highlighted

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Thank you @A_Musicophile that was pretty cool.  And if you want @DrBunker let me give you this two thread thread Fresh Singles June (if you follow this one you're going to be updated daily with all the new music that I can find, once the month is over I create another thread with the name of the month but tha Playlist is the same) and 12 New Songs This Week (here you can find only the tracks that I love the most from the week).

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

DrBunker
Regular

Thanks.

I'm aware of the "new releases" page, my question was more about why it only shows a selection of new music.

I don't really want to have to go through a lot of different playlists or genre lists in the hope that, amonst all of the duplicates, I'll chance upon a new album that wasn't listed elsewhere.

I just don't understand the point of having a new releases section if it's essentially just a "some new albums you might like" section...

Highlighted

Hey @DrBunker.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Every week, thousands of new singles, EPs and albums are released around the world. As a result, Spotify curates these into a selection of new releases which it considers to be noteworthy.

In addition to the New Releases section in the desktop app, there are a couple of other ways you can check what's new on Spotify:

1. Release Radar is a playlist which is updated every Friday and features the newest music from the artists you follow to and listen to the most, so that you never miss a release from them. The more you listen on Spotify, the better this playlist gets at highlighting releases that are relevant to you.
  2. New Music Friday is a Spotify-curated playlist, also updated every Friday, with the newest releases from around the world. Several countries, such as Germany, the UK and Italy, have their own curated playlists with the new releases from that week, so this would be a good way to see what's released and being listened in your country.

Of course, there are many albums which aren't featured in these playlists, however Spotify does its best to show you what's new and noteworthy.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

PeterModerator

Highlighted

slice_two
Casual Listener

Honestly, Release Radar kind of sucks. We really need a place where we can see EVERY new release by our followed artists in one place. The fact that we have to use other websites that aggregate from Spotify is a shame.

Highlighted

DrBunker
Regular

Thanks Peter

As I said in the OP, I'm not too worried about albums released around the world, I'd just like the new releases section to contain something other than the debut releases from 20 different rap/"R&B"/grime artists plus those from former members of One Direction.

You also mention the release radar. I use this all of the time but if there's a section where the Spotify algorithm can tell me about new songs that fit the genres I listen to, I fail to see why can't there be a section for new albums too.

That's all I'm looking for and I can be fairly confident that this would be a very popular feature.

Highlighted

Photon123
Music Fan

...and this feature is now removed as well, together with the tag:new search (or any limiting search to find what you actually are searching for instead of an infinite scrolling list of trash and vaguely misspelled mishits.)

Are you dead set on obsoleting your product, or what is going on here??

Highlighted

Hey @Photon123,

If you're looking for a full list with all the new releases appearing on Spotify, you may want to check out this page.

In case you have a particular feature in mind, which you think should be implemented in the app, you could also have a look in the Idea Exchange, to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion, and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else 🙂

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

DrBunker
Regular

So just to be clear, there is currently no way of doing this and we'll have to ask for it to be added (taken from my previous post):

You also mention the release radar. I use this all of the time but if there's a section where the Spotify algorithm can tell me about new songs that fit the genres I listen to, I fail to see why can't there be a section for new albums too.

SUGGESTED POSTS