Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update causes first track in the list to play when I select a different track in that list

New update causes first track in the list to play when I select a different track in that list

I'm usining Windows 10 on a lenovo laptop and when I updated Spotify it caused the first track in the album or playlist that I am trying to listen from to play when I select a latter track. No matter which song I select it always plays the first track and I have to use ctrl+right arrow to navigate to the desired song. I tried uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling, which worked for a couple days, until Spotify posted the new update on the online downloader too. Is there a way to disable auto updating in Spotify, maybe from the Windows registry? If so, could you recommend a safe site to download a previous version?

2 Replies

Same here. I wouldn't mind as much if they offered an option to rollback the software in a simple way through the help menu. I can't imagine it being that difficult to implement.

I found out that this problem only occurs in my saved artists track lists. If I go to the artist page or an individual album everything works fine. I wouldn't call it a solution. It's still a hassle, but it's less annoying than having to use the next song button to navigate to a track. 

Suggested posts