Premium

Country

Nam

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

After the new update I can't open Spotify on my Windows 7. Can't even uninstall, had to delete manually then reinstall. Didn't help, still can't run it!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! @vkar  @lehuan5062 

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check and +Vote on this ongoing issues thread for more details about it. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

36 Replies

I use free version ofSpotify on pc . It wont open now and it wont even uninstall . It worked perfecly yasterday but i dont know whats happening now. Help?

It's all because of new update. Have same problem, fix it with "uninstall tool" and "forced removal", after instal it without new update. But I don't know what happens after you reboot computer and it install automatically again ...

Same for me. Happened today after newest update.

Using Windows 7 x64

What then? Do we need to wait for another update or find some special way to uninstall app . Dude they really need to fix this I cant even uninstall app and reinstall it again , it doesnt even work if u use safe mode on windows . 

Yea, same here, win7 64. 

Same issue. Windows 7 x64. Was having an update earlier and then this happened soon after. Instant close after opening the desktop app and won't even let me to uninstall the app now. I've tried downloading the app manually from spotify.com and re-install to see if the built-in updater from the app itself is corrupted but still having the same issue. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

I'm having the same issue. Program simply refuses to start -- no process pops up on Task Manager, nothing.

I've tried a restart, nada. Worst of all, it's also refusing to boot up the uninstaller and I can't reinstall it either. Is Windows now blocking the app by mistake?

Hey @lehuan5062! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Are you receiving any error messages at all? If yes, could you take a screenshot of them so I can look further into it?

Thanks! 

Peace

Not OP, but I suspect I'm having the exact same problem. There's no error message because the program simply won't start. There's not even a process on Task Manager.

Same here. Won't start at all. Tried to run it from the command line with --log-file option without any luck.

Marked as solution

Hey! @vkar  @lehuan5062 

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check and +Vote on this ongoing issues thread for more details about it. ^^

Peace

As other people said, there is no notification show up, it just doesn't start at all

When the task manager is turned on, the program runs for 1 second and then disappears. I don't see any reaction on the screen when I run the program. I can't uninstall the program when I want to remove it from the Add / Remove Programs section. I lifted it by hand. Then I downloaded and reinstalled the program but the problem persists. This issue occurred after the last update. I am using Windows 7 64 bit as the operating system. I think Spotify should update again to solve the problem.

Note = I pay to use this program and I want the problem resolved as soon as possible.

The problem was solved when you upload via the link you sent. Thanks.

I think the problem stems from turkey site. Please make the necessary warnings !

https://www.spotify.com/tr/premium/?utm_source=tr_brand_contextual_text&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_ca...

Can't be just the Turkey site - same happened to me in the USA. 😞

However, the link above solved the issue!!!! 

This link also worked for me. 

Here a solution:

Try to delete the following files or folders: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify.

After that, reinstall Spotify: http://www.spotify.com/download

And it will work. I did this procedure and it worked for me.

Tell me if this worked for you.

Greetings.

Did that,I also uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but it didnt work . " Spotify couldn't start, error : 17 " . There is no way,I just hope they fix it soon so I can reinstall it again. **PLS FIX IT**

Suggested posts