Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Newest version can't start on Windows 7

Solved!

Newest version can't start on Windows 7

Plan

Premium

Country

Nam

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

After the new update I can't open Spotify on my Windows 7. Can't even uninstall, had to delete manually then reinstall. Didn't help, still can't run it!

36 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

Brasil

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Meu Windows 7 foi formatado esses dias e depois disso o Spotify não toca mais nada. As playlists ticam  somente 10 segundos e somente algumas faixas, pois algas músicas nem abrem.

Já desinstalei e mesmo assim não funciona.

Não dá bem vontade de assinar o Premium com um problema ridiculo desse.

Alguém me ajuda por favor.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Packard Bell stationary

Operating System

windows 7

My Question or Issue

A couple of days ago I turned of Spotify desktop app and it won’t start up again.. nothing happens when I try to start it up. I tried to uninstall it but the computer doesn’t want to recognize the program, just like all the files are locked. I managed to delete it by putting the file in the trashbin and also reinstall Spotify from the website. But it doesn’t work.. so does someone have any idea of a fix for this? Some particular software that needs to be up to date? 

Same for me, on windows 7 also...

I have the same problem few dwys ago

Thanks a lot !

Found the solution in an other thread :

http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

I'm having the same problem and the new link posted does NOT solve it.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

This should now be fixed, but we've seen a few people who are still experiencing the issue.

@HTKblazer has provided a few extra steps in the Ongoing Issue thread here - can you try them out and see if that solves the issue for you?

Let us know how it goes - we'll be here if you need any further help.

Download and install the program from this link. The program will work. Do not update for the time being, otherwise you will have the same problem. The administrator should inform the forum that the update problem has been resolved.

http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

The regular download file did not work, only the full setup in one of the above comments worked for the issue.

Peter - that worked, thanks!

Hey @RMWM.

Glad to hear it worked!

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care 🙂

Not working for me, uninstalling and even erasing this folders...

Version 1.1.6.113 doesn't work, when click an album or playlist, it never load,

I uninstall this version and install a previous one  (ie 1.1.5.153) in https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/windows/old

and works fine 4 me

Hey @davidgbonacho.

Thanks for posting about your issue.

It sounds like your issue is slightly different to the one in this thread, since you are able to start the app.

Do you mind creating a new thread about it in the Community? We'll help you out there.

Thanks 🙂

Hi!

Sorry! 

no, thanks...

yeah, I finally opened de app but not the last version 1.1.6.113 but the previous one,

That's the reason why I posted a comment here,

Thanks!

David

this link worked...thank you brilliant person

when is going to get fixed??

Suggested posts