Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No More Offline Mode in Desktop Versions

Solved!

No More Offline Mode in Desktop Versions

The new update for the Desktop Versions (Mac and Windows) have removed the application's "offline" mode function. You can still download songs and put it available for offline playing but putting the entire app on "offline" mode is no longer possible. This is incredibly inconvenient as Spotify cannot lunch when office firewalls are blocking it. Putting Spotify in offline mode allows you to play your offline songs even on office VPN. Spotify rolled this out without notifying their users as it seems as their Twitter support didn't even knew about this at first. 

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10 and macOS 10.15

Spotify Version

2020-05-29_11-59-27.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @artcwolf,

Thanks for the screenshot.

From what we can see, it appears that you're currently running a free account. Offline mode is a Premium feature, hence only available on Premium accounts. You can check out this article for more info about the different plans that Spotify offers.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I would like to chime in and say that I am also missing this feature. Especially when using the desktop app with a limited data budget (like with tethering).

Hey there @lte678,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

There were some issues backstage, however Offline Mode should be currently available for the Desktop app. Could you send us a screenshot of what you see in your client when you click the 3 dots in the upper left corner when you click those and hover over File?

Also tell us your exact Spotify version.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was not able to find any three dots in the upper left corner. There is only a menu at the top right.
I am using the official Spotify snap package (version 1.1.42.622.gbd112320) on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

Spotify Screenshot.png

Hey there @lte678,

Thanks for the info and the screenshot.

As we don't officially support Ubuntu, we can't guarantee that all functions from the regular desktop client would function on that system as well.

Nevertheless, we found another thread where some users have provided workarounds to get offline mode on Ubuntu. Click here to check it out and see if anything mentioned there helps.

Hope you find that useful.

AlexModerator

I'm on PC and my file looks like the original screenshot

I'm currently on version 1.144.538.g8051de92
Offline works great for me when i'm in the office on my personal laptop where i can't connect to a network.

I'm missing the offline mode too, the version of Spotify desktop app that I got is 1.1.44.538.g8057de92, kindly find attached the screenshot of the file menu.

تعليق توضيحي 2020-10-20 203234.png

Hello Alex, apparently, this Offline Mode version is NO LONGER available in the Windows and MAC apps. I'm quite baffled as to how you say that it is available when in fact, it is not. Spotify removing significant features from premium users is just bad. 

Hi @JohnEpsons,

Thanks for your post.

Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you click the 3-dot menu in the upper left corner of your desktop client? If you're logged into a Premium account you should be able to see Offline Mode in the File tab.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

i have same issues, i cant find any offline mode in my spotify

Screenshot (71)_LI.jpg

Hi there @EnerG,

Thank you for the screenshot. 

Can you perform a clean reinstallation of the app, following the device specific steps from this Spotify Answer exactly. This assure that you're running the latest version of the app.

If you still can't see the Offline button after that, tell us the exact version of your Spotify app, have you downloaded it from Windows store or our website and whether you can see the option if you're logged in with the Premium account of a friend on your device.

We'll be on the lookout for your answer.

AlexModerator

artcwolf_0-1605025958798.png

I think i'm misunderstood, i'm not seeing the offline mode either. 

version 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc

I uninstalled the application and downloaded the 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc (Microsoft Store version) version and still no offline mode. 

Please bring it back

Marked as solution

Hi there @artcwolf,

Thanks for the screenshot.

From what we can see, it appears that you're currently running a free account. Offline mode is a Premium feature, hence only available on Premium accounts. You can check out this article for more info about the different plans that Spotify offers.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator

Welp that's another reason to find another media player.  Thanks Alex for the response.

Thanks, problem solved

Screenshot (95).png

Suggested posts