Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Posted Solutions Work: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your comp..."

No Posted Solutions Work: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your comp..."

Plan

Free/Premium

Country  US

Device  PC (but also a Samsung Galaxy)

Operating System

Windows 10 (but also android on my phone)

My Question or Issue

For certain songs (for example, Bezardee), Spotify on PC offers the msg "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  (On my android phone, it simply skips the song).    It refuses to play the song in other playlists as well.   The songs span several artists and genres so it doesn't look like a copyright issue.   The problem, in different forms, is occurring on both PC and phone, so it seems like the Spotify server has something going on.    I've tried various solutions (there are a lot of posts about this topic, both in Spotify and elsewhere...) like deleting the local files. bnk file, hardware deceleratioin, etc...  so far, nothing works. 

UPDATE: Spotify support has gotten in touch and asked me to log on to the test account I've read about in other threads.  I logged on and sure enough, in the test account I can listen to the songs that are marked "Spotify can't play this right now" in my own account.   No solution forthcoming yet, nor any explanation why this happens.  We'll see if support continues to follow up.

5 Replies

Same issue, when ever I try to play a playlist or song it starts skipping and then says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have..."

me too.

I cant play a single track!

Just skips everything with the same frustrating error

cant play this right now

i have also tried clean instal, deleting local files etc - cant find an answer

this issue started 2 days ago

its OK on my phone - but not my desktop or web browser

HELP!

;-(

It's weird that none of the posted solutions mention the basic cause of the problem either!   Well let's hope they find something out for us!  THANK YOU for saying that you have this problem too!

Same issue here. Tried everything and still have to click to hear next song. Sometimes it will play two - three songs before hanging but always hangs.

Same issue and was eventually resolved when I noticed all the ones that were not working had the "Explicit" label.

I had to go install spotify on my mobile device and turn on explicit content.  Hope that helps someone

Suggested posts