Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Songs Appearing

Solved!

No Songs Appearing

Some songs weren't playing so I reinstalled Spotify. Ever since then, no songs will show up. I check playlists by Spotify, look up songs, check daily mix, etc. and I can't find anything. It says nothing is here. I have reinstalled it multiple times, signed out and in again, nothing. I've even waited a month to see if it was a glitch, but it is still there. I got sick of it so I wrote this. Please help, I've tried everything.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Windows Desktop (Custom)

Operating System

Windows 10

The picture below is what it shows for EVERYTHING. 

61f0db4e9b3ec0cb2bc17d746bc2380b.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ItsEmpire @mungo1235 

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have this exact same issue, 

For some reason songs that have been released in the last month or so weren't playing, only olders songs. So I uninstalled spotify and reinstalled it and there are no songs. My playlists still appear they're just empty. My songs are still all on my phone but on my Mac, nothing 

please if anyone knows the solution!!

The same thing with me. I use Spotify on my phone and computer in class but
Not on my computer

looks like someone else may have found the solution, for mac at least https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/no-songs-appearing-in-playlists/td-p/4690143

Marked as solution

Hey there @ItsEmpire @mungo1235 

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

mine works on the web player on chrome, not like that app but it's something lol

Response

No joke thank you so much. I can finally listen to music again that actually repeats my songs unlike Soundcloud app. You are awesome.

Suggested posts