Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No add friends option?

No add friends option?

Hi, I want to send a playlist to a friend without a facebook account. I found him fine, but I only get the option to follow him, there's no add button to put him in my "people list" or anything.

("People list" in quotes because I've heard people say it's supposed to exist, but I don't seem to have one. I usedto, butitseemstohavebeenreplacedbythefollowersthing.)

Point is, I don't want to follow him, I want to send him a playlist, but he has no facebook, and I don't see any sort of add button, other than to follow him. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-That's all, and thanks.

6 Replies

The "people list" was replaced by the following function. Following is now the same thing as "adding to people list" in old versions.

Stupify is correct, however, you can still send them things without following if you like (but not playlists). 

From their profile, press "Send Music" and you can send them a track, artist or album without following. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But how can I send a playlist? I read on the spotify user guide page that I should press the share icon next to the playlist and then use the "send to friend button" instead of sharebutton. It doesnt work though. The send button is not highliighted and I dont know what to write in the "enter a friends name-box" the username?

Everything seems complicated to me. I dont want to connect to facebook so everyone see my playlists. I know that I can listen by pressing a "private button" but then you always have to remember to choose that option. I think its irritating with all the FB messages what everyone is listening to all the time.

If anyone can help it will be much appriciated.

@sayfar wrote:

But how can I send a playlist? I read on the spotify user guide page that I should press the share icon next to the playlist and then use the "send to friend button" instead of sharebutton. It doesnt work though. The send button is not highliighted and I dont know what to write in the "enter a friends name-box" the username?

Everything seems complicated to me. I dont want to connect to facebook so everyone see my playlists. I know that I can listen by pressing a "private button" but then you always have to remember to choose that option. I think its irritating with all the FB messages what everyone is listening to all the time.

If anyone can help it will be much appriciated.

If you want to send a playlist but you are not connected to Facebook then you need to follow the steps below:

1. Find out your friends Spotify username. If they have a Facebook account then be aware that their username will be made all of numbers. 

2. In the Spotify search box enter: spotify:user:USERNAME where USERNAME is your friends Spotify username.

3. Press the "Follow" button on their profile which appears. 

4. You can then send them a playlist. Just right click on the playlist name in your sidebar, select "Share" > "Send To Friend" > Enter their Spotify username, select their username from the drop down which appears and add your message and click send. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

As long as you're Following the person you want to send to, typing their username in the "enter a friend's name" box should work fine - click their name and the Send option'll turn blue. Does that work for you?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks, it sems to work now! 🙂

Suggested posts