Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No friends activity on windows

No friends activity on windows

Hi all

I don't have the friends activity bar (the one you can see what your friends are listening) on my windows versionj (I've been using Spotify on Mac and I do have it there, same account)

I used to have it but for a while I am missing it. How can I get it back? I really love it..

My Windows Spotify version (I think) is 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6

I'm running an old Windows- Windows 7

Thanks

8 Replies

Hey!

Have you tried checking your settings to make sure you have enabled the "Show friend feed" option? (Screenshot below)

friend.jpg

Hey there @cheniro, welcome to the community!

Additionally to what @PilotAC says, you can enable it by clicking View > Right Sidebar on the desktop client and make sure it's maximazed so it takes the whole screen.

Let me know if this helped!

Happy Holidays 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Yes I tried, didn't help.. seems like a bug.
Also tried to uninstall and install, log out and login.. nothing helped

Hey again!

That's super odd. Did you notice after an update or was it random? Did you get a normal Friend Feed sidebar before?

You can try doing a clean re-install, by clearing the cache memory of the client before you re-download and install the program.

Let me know of that helped any 🙂

K

Hi

Sorry for the late response. So I tried to uninstall and reinstall and wanted to clear the cache. So I looked for my cached folder by looking at the url from the settings, but after I uninstalled the program the cache folder was gone (probably uninstall clear cache) so I don't see how clear caching will help.

Installed again but it is still the same. I doubled checked settings and it looks ok. (attached)

Anything else I can do?

(Re your question about upgrade- I truely don't remember if it was gone after a certain update, sorry)

Untitled.png

I am having this exact same problem. I am ready to switch to Apple Music because all of the features I love are gone. This happened when I needed to reinstall windows. After I cleared everything and reinstalled all my programs, spotify was ten times worse. I checked everything mentioned above.  Show right sidebar is checked. Show friend feed is selected. I am at a loss.....

Hey again @cheniro 🙂

I'm noticing from your screenshot that Spotify's window is not maximazed to take up the whole screen. Can you maximaze it and let me know if the friend feed still hasn't appeared?

Also, try to reset the zoom by clicking ctrl+0

If that doesn't help in any way, keep me in the loop and I'll escalate it to the right team!

Happy New Year!

K

Press Ctrl - to zoom out and the windows will appear! Mine worked.

Or open the menu, the three dots on the top left, click view, then click zoom out.

Suggested posts