Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(LG V20, Windows 10 pc)

My Question or Issue

Why is there no Dislike or equivolent button on the desktop platform.... I dont want to have to take my phone out everytime i want to dislike a song. This is very anoying and im thinking about canceling my subscription......

s.PNGPCScreenshot_2019-10-23-21-33-21.pngMobile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: No option to dislike songs on desktop

Rising Star 19 Emilia_8
Rising Star 19

Hi @Dishyboar

If you no longer see the dislike button in your Daily Mixes, this is an intended behaviour. 
The Daily Mixes have been limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

It might not be rolled out among all users yet, since the difference between your devices. 

I'd recommend checking if your Spotify app is up to date. 

Emilia_8Rising Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Dishyboar
Casual Listener

Update

I found it for anyone who is interestedee.PNG

ee.PNG

Dishyboar
Casual Listener

Update to the update.....
when i press the the dislike button on desktop, nothing happens

Solution!

Rising Star 19 Emilia_8
Rising Star 19

Hi @Dishyboar

If you no longer see the dislike button in your Daily Mixes, this is an intended behaviour. 
The Daily Mixes have been limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

It might not be rolled out among all users yet, since the difference between your devices. 

I'd recommend checking if your Spotify app is up to date. 

Emilia_8Rising Star 19

View solution in original post

Ler01

Do you know the reason for removing the dislike button? What's the idea?

Rising Star 19 Emilia_8
Rising Star 19

Hi @Ler01

I don't know the exact reason. However, Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features.

When they’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. 

If you're not happy with some changes or want to see new functions in the future, you're always welcome to post your submissions on the Ideas page of the Community or +VOTE already existing ideas. 

Emilia_8Rising Star 19
Highlighted

Blami
Visitor
As far as I can tell Spotify absolutely does not care about the user preference to be able to dislike a song, album, or artist. Am I missing something? There are so many threads around the desire to be able to dislike songs, albums, or artists with no resolution (or a faux resolution at best). So is there a point to go through and like every post on the dislike button? Is there ever actual resolutions found from the community or is this just a useless conversation tool that Spotify is trying to pawn off responsibility versus providing actual customer service? Just want to understand if it is just a waste of time or there might actually be a resolution at some point or if is it better to just find a new music platform that actually cares what you want from a paid service.
SUGGESTED POSTS