Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No option to dislike songs on desktop

Solved!

No option to dislike songs on desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(LG V20, Windows 10 pc)

My Question or Issue

Why is there no Dislike or equivolent button on the desktop platform.... I dont want to have to take my phone out everytime i want to dislike a song. This is very anoying and im thinking about canceling my subscription......

PCPCMobileMobile

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Dishyboar

If you no longer see the dislike button in your Daily Mixes, this is an intended behaviour. 
The Daily Mixes have been limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

It might not be rolled out among all users yet, since the difference between your devices. 

I'd recommend checking if your Spotify app is up to date. 

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Update

I found it for anyone who is interestedee.PNG

ee.PNG

Update to the update.....
when i press the the dislike button on desktop, nothing happens

Marked as solution

Hi @Dishyboar

If you no longer see the dislike button in your Daily Mixes, this is an intended behaviour. 
The Daily Mixes have been limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

It might not be rolled out among all users yet, since the difference between your devices. 

I'd recommend checking if your Spotify app is up to date. 

Do you know the reason for removing the dislike button? What's the idea?

Hi @Ler01

I don't know the exact reason. However, Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features.

When they’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. 

If you're not happy with some changes or want to see new functions in the future, you're always welcome to post your submissions on the Ideas page of the Community or +VOTE already existing ideas. 

As far as I can tell Spotify absolutely does not care about the user preference to be able to dislike a song, album, or artist. Am I missing something? There are so many threads around the desire to be able to dislike songs, albums, or artists with no resolution (or a faux resolution at best). So is there a point to go through and like every post on the dislike button? Is there ever actual resolutions found from the community or is this just a useless conversation tool that Spotify is trying to pawn off responsibility versus providing actual customer service? Just want to understand if it is just a waste of time or there might actually be a resolution at some point or if is it better to just find a new music platform that actually cares what you want from a paid service.

Yeah - it's called Pandora.

It's a shame it was removed. I guess I understand that it encourages the listener to find new music, but for me it does the opposite; now I have to skip through more songs to find new content I like.

Dear Spotify Team this is irritating and awful !
I'm a man of picky choices, and having to press the skip button endlessly is unbearable for me 😕

I'd love to let Spotify know of this terrible choice by switching to another paid service, too bad Pandora isn't available in Canada yet. I still approve that it seems to be the only choice to get music you like.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

There is an active Idea about this. We recommend you go ahead and add your +Vote to it here. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to be implemented in the app.

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps 🙂

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No Alex, your response does not help.

I am new to the Spotify platform and are already annoyed at not having the possibility to dislike songs. It keeps "suggesting" the same titles wich I don't like.

By the amount of feedback you have about this issue two things are EVIDENT. Many people would like a DISLIKE button and Spotify does not listen to it's customers.

I was going to switch from Youtube Music to Spotify. I even created a Spotify Premium account. I will be canceling Spotify because I cannot block songs that I do not like.

Yes, me to. Is very annoying... Most of the time on Spotify i listen recommended songs to find new music , and i have songs which i really really dislike and they back again and again and i don't have an option to tell to Spotify - guys i don't like this song, exclude it from my recommended list... Is very stupid...

Not help at all Alex. People will leave your platform because lack of DISLIKE option. I pay you monthly fee to be able to listen music i like, not the music you think i like... And to be honest - your suggestion engine not so smart... the songs from recommended on my playlist is repetitive and many times not match my preferences and even not match this playlist style... so at least, give to the people to decide what they like and dislike to have a better suggestions in your platform...

Deezer has an option to unlike and block songs and artists, and you can manage all your blocks account wide in all platforms through the website.
I started using it yesterday after Spotify kept insisting in playing Guns n'Roses to me despite me skipping their songs every time, and so far it's pretty good and I was able to find everything I used to listen in Spotify, including my weird 80's and 90's Russian bands.

Thanks for the recommendation!! I didn't know Deezer existed!!!

I have already canceled my spotify account and created a new one with Deezer. Their recommendations algorithm is so so good you would not believe it. Apart from that it has a dislike button that let's you dislike the song, the artist or change the mood of the suggestions altogether.

See you in Dezeer aligator!!

Untitled.png

Wow! That menu is exactly what I've been missing 😄 -- Thanks for that. Spotify had the "Don't like this artist/song." menu before; I don't know what happened that they had to remove it.

Wow. Deezer looks nice. Will try it. Buy buy Spotify

Suggested posts