Free

Country

New Zealand

Device

HP Probook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been using the Spotify mobile app for a while and really like how there is the option to tell Spotify that you don't want to hear a certain song or artist, However using the desktop app (both in web browser and with the downloaded app) I couldn't find the option to do this. my assumption is that the developers simply forgot to add the feature to the desktop versions because I see no other reason why the mobile app would have a feature that the desktop app doesn't

3 Replies

Hi @Lettuce658

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

This is intended behaviour of the desktop Spotify app.

The Don't play this icon_no.png button has been removed from Daily Mix playlists. 

The reason you still see it on your mobile device is that you use the Free Spotify version. That means that you will see this button next to every song in your mobile app. 

If you want to see the dislike feature back, make sure to add your +VOTE on this idea and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Is there any reason the mobile app has less features in the free version than the desktop app does? eg: adding songs to queue, unlimited skips on your playlists and less playlists having shuffle play

Hi @Lettuce658

Thanks for your response!

I'm not sure why there's more features available in the desktop app than on mobile.

You're welcome to leave your feedback in this idea as well if you'd like to see the icon_no.png button in all sections. 

If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask! 

Suggested posts