Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No songs are loading/playing on my spotify app

Solved!

No songs are loading/playing on my spotify app

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10

I cant load ANYTHING. It gives me a "go to browse" option if I look into my songs, no songs even appear whenever I open a playlist, and whenever I try to play a song from my daily mixes, it will not load. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating my sound drivers, playing on the web player, disabling hardware accel, removing other offline devices, pratically all the stuff i have looked at on similar issues but none have fixed the issue. what do I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I contacted the live chat support team - who are really friendly people - and here is what I did that helped me fix the issue, for anyone who may be suffering from the same issue I am.

1. First, open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator).
  2. Then go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com.
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0.
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

I can't guarantee this will work with everyone but here is a suggestion to those who may need this info in the future 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same here ... all my daily mix list are empty

Discovery is empty

If a list is NOT empty, the song won't play ... I was about to subscribe looks like ill go somewhere else

the web browser does not work as well.... on chrome nor firefox

the same thing is happening to me

yes same problem here

I have also the same problem, although some tracks are still playable. These ghost tracks don't skip to the next song when they know they're unavailable, instead, stopping the whole moment.

"Ghost" tracks"Ghost" tracksMore "ghost" tracks on Korean playlistMore "ghost" tracks on Korean playlist

Marked as solution

I contacted the live chat support team - who are really friendly people - and here is what I did that helped me fix the issue, for anyone who may be suffering from the same issue I am.

1. First, open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator).
  2. Then go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com.
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0.
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

I can't guarantee this will work with everyone but here is a suggestion to those who may need this info in the future 🙂

You are a **bleep** savior. I contacted Spotify support and Edwardo told me to just wait it out until the devs muster up a fix. All it took was deleting two URLs from a text file and Spotify is back to normal. Thanks.

Suggested posts