Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound for 2 months. I'm done.

Solved!

No sound for 2 months. I'm done.

This is a problem for many I've found but no help from Spotify itself other than "Make sure your volume is turrned up." I've uninstalled it.  I'm amazed there is no answer for this issue that so many have. Mine just stopped while in the middle of playing and never came back on. Nothing was changed. Weird.  And yes I've done everything suggested including several clean reinstalls among messing with settings etc. I know my computer like the back of my hand.  Just flat out won't work anymore on my Win 7 PC software.   Kinda sad.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Grace,

I had indeed checked that before but when you mentioned it it did make me think of something else to try. My driver was updated but I went ahead and uninstalled it then reinstalled it. Then I rebooted. Lo and behold the sound is back! I'mb eyond shocked.  I've probably spend 2 or 3 hours overall trying to get this to work in various ways over the past couple of months. But doing that fixed whatever the glitch was.

So thank you for positing! I realixze it can be numerous things that cause these issue but this one had me stumped until now. And i'm pretty good and fixing things.  

Appreciate it!

Nancy

View solution in original post

2 Replies

@nanrector wrote:

This is a problem for many I've found but no help from Spotify itself other than "Make sure your volume is turrned up." I've uninstalled it.  I'm amazed there is no answer for this issue that so many have. Mine just stopped while in the middle of playing and never came back on. Nothing was changed. Weird.  And yes I've done everything suggested including several clean reinstalls among messing with settings etc. I know my computer like the back of my hand.  Just flat out won't work anymore on my Win 7 PC software.   Kinda sad.

Hello!

Sorry to hear this.

Have you tried updating your sound card driver to see if that helps curb the issue you're having?

Marked as solution

Hello Grace,

I had indeed checked that before but when you mentioned it it did make me think of something else to try. My driver was updated but I went ahead and uninstalled it then reinstalled it. Then I rebooted. Lo and behold the sound is back! I'mb eyond shocked.  I've probably spend 2 or 3 hours overall trying to get this to work in various ways over the past couple of months. But doing that fixed whatever the glitch was.

So thank you for positing! I realixze it can be numerous things that cause these issue but this one had me stumped until now. And i'm pretty good and fixing things.  

Appreciate it!

Nancy

Suggested posts